[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Elloras Spire ... LADDER?

suzshisuzshi
Riders of Icarus Rep: 885
edited January 25, 2017 in General Chat
I was pleased at first to see a solo dungeon instance, because I don't have time or patience for a "real" guild and I get sick and tired of seeing the same handful of people over and over and over and over getting all the legendary drop and tames in the game, so I thought I finally have this chance to get decent gear on my own equal to everybody elses chance of getting decent loot from this dungeon. I really thought this was going to be a reasonable way for people who don't have the time or a readily available group to do legendary runs to still be able to eventually build up decent equipment.

THEN I SAW THE LADDER. Are you kidding me? Who do you think is going to be getting the 600 ellun packs and the other OP rewards etc for the Weekly and Monthly things??
The same handful of people who have all day everyday and already have fully leveled and tempered gear and already have a ton of gold from selling extra gear for 100-1000G each on broker, NOT the guys who do solo instances because that's what they can fit in their schedule and playstyle. It is not even divided perhaps by class. So a guardian has the same chance as a priest as a wizard as a ranger to get to the top of the ladders?? Please.

This game is good in its basic design, but the dev decisions for player reward vs time spent are really inexplicable at times and I think this has to change FAST or die.
My one run as a priest resulted in some bandages, a coin, and a copper ingot. Thanks so very much for the kick I needed to spend more time and my money on the rest of my life.
FuzFuzdrgeekHyenaKamiMedZRiderZer0

Comments

• FathomZ25FathomZ25
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,510
    edited January 25, 2017
    Umm, it is divided by class. Soooo, there's that.
  • HeytacoHeytaco
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,675
    edited January 25, 2017
    Super awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing where I stack up and improving my char as much as I can on a small budget xD

But I play games for competitive pve. So this is right up my alley. If u want free gear just run low level dungeons, sale drops vendor/ah. And buy you some. Craft some as well.

Or buy with coins from the tower.. like pretty sure that's the exact same thing.
    Aellae
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,305
    edited January 25, 2017
    Reached level 13 with my wiz not so much geared, ran till 8th floor with my new lv 50 priest (with only 5 heroic seals) Priest which could easily pair the wiz if didn't a stupid mistake. :)
    Said so, if you are good at playing and with a bit of gear and know your class and the gear / spec it's good too, you should be able to do something in the instance.

Even so, I agree that those which temper by spending money have a huge advantage. That's why ladders should be done with standard equip for everyone, show me your real skill.. Shouldn't be that way? :)
    Kesstryl
  • KamiMedKamiMed
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,015
    edited January 26, 2017
    Yllmathir
    Yllmathir said:

Reached level 13 with my wiz not so much geared, ran till 8th floor with my new lv 50 priest (with only 5 heroic seals) Priest which could easily pair the wiz if didn't a stupid mistake. :)
    Said so, if you are good at playing and with a bit of gear and know your class and the gear / spec it's good too, you should be able to do something in the instance.

Even so, I agree that those which temper by spending money have a huge advantage. That's why ladders should be done with standard equip for everyone, show me your real skill.. Shouldn't be that way? :)
    ====================================

Is your heal actually healing 30% or it gives you less at full charge ? I ask because on koroshimo, on my priest I get ~5-10% at full charge, because of that I cannot even pass the 2nd floor.

• KillXIIIKillXIII
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,000
    edited January 26, 2017
    Yup my heals were totally useless in there too. It's a horrible debuff for us Priests -.- Somehow I managed to survive the spiders by running around using these stupid 5% or even lower heals. As always cashers have a huge advantage here.
    I agree with Yllmathir. There really should be a standard gear set for the tower so everyone has the same chance for getting the prices.
    Kesstryl
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    edited January 26, 2017
    Keep your heals over time always up seems to be the key. Didn't noticed much but healing skills worked fine to me. I've noticed a general debuff -10% def maybe cast time or cdr or something like that..
    To overcome that debuff we should use those Purple Tinctures that drops from each floor which gives a general buff.
    About spiders.. I've used my hammer to get one at time since I had already meet them with the Wiz and I knew how hard they can hit. Or better, it's the AoE skill used from the mini boss that can be annoying.
  • KamiMedKamiMed
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,015
    edited January 26, 2017
    Yllmathir
    Yllmathir said:

Keep your heals over time always up seems to be the key. Didn't noticed much but healing skills worked fine to me. I've noticed a general debuff -10% def maybe cast time or cdr or something like that..
    To overcome that debuff we should use those Purple Tinctures that drops from each floor which gives a general buff.
    About spiders.. I've used my hammer to get one at time since I had already meet them with the Wiz and I knew how hard they can hit. Or better, it's the AoE skill used from the mini boss that can be annoying.
    ========================================
    That is a general debuff that everyone gets:
    Phisical resistence decreased by 20%.
    Magical resistence decreased by 20%.
    Overall critical rate decreased by 40%.
    Cooldown increased by 10%
    Evasion decreased by 10%

• cuddlyXnapalmcuddlyXnapalm
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 620
    edited January 26, 2017
    I would like to just point out that I am a priest who doesn't have max gear or fully sealed and I ended up ranking #11. The advantage is being good at your class, I know someone who has 11k dps as a priest and full gear/ seals all like +20 who placed well behind myself. Just keep trying to get better and set a goal for yourself eventually you will get there [:
    I do have a question for you guys though how do you tame the demonus, calypto, and haemon in there? I had demonus yesterday and calypto today spent all the time lowing their health (didn't know if I needed a mark or not) and eventually killed them since taming conditions were never met.
    Aellae
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    edited January 26, 2017
    Until now I've only got mats for crafting the new Desert Skinned Letonsia, so I assume advancing in the Spire we could eventually drop recipes?
    Or as always, you have familiars but not recipes. Wouldn't surprise me. XD
    Bestiary don't have them at all. So we lack infos about those recipes and who drop them.
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    edited January 27, 2017
    They said on the stream that marks for the awakened demonus and calypto can drop in there but for awakened hameon you need to craft it....
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    edited January 27, 2017
    Runi wrote: »
    They said on the stream that marks for the awakened demonus and calypto can drop in there but for awakened hameon you need to craft it....

Didn't knew 'cause I didn't watched the stream. :P
    By the way, since we can't reset them will be for sure very hard to tame these beasts. Arrr!
  • HiltoftheDragonHiltoftheDragon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,645
    edited January 28, 2017
    KamiMed wrote: »
    Reached level 13 with my wiz not so much geared, ran till 8th floor with my new lv 50 priest (with only 5 heroic seals) Priest which could easily pair the wiz if didn't a stupid mistake. :)<br />
    Said so, if you are good at playing and with a bit of gear and know your class and the gear / spec it's good too, you should be able to do something in the instance.<br />
    <br />
    Even so, I agree that those which temper by spending money have a huge advantage. That's why ladders should be done with standard equip for everyone, show me your real skill.. Shouldn't be that way? :)<br />
    ====================================<br />
    <br />
    Is your heal actually healing 30% or it gives you less at full charge ? I ask because on koroshimo, on my priest I get ~5-10% at full charge, because of that I cannot even pass the 2nd floor.

This was my result also. I did finally get to the 3rd floor but now its learning the fight, so with some practice i may be able to get higher. It does in fact seem like a lot of work for little reward though. I think the spire needs a slight tweak.....nothing major but just a tweak.
    Cheapneazy
  • CheapneazyCheapneazy
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 585
    edited January 29, 2017

This was my result also. I did finally get to the 3rd floor but now its learning the fight, so with some practice i may be able to get higher. It does in fact seem like a lot of work for little reward though. I think the spire needs a slight tweak.....nothing major but just a tweak.

Yes like a set of gear for all to use, unlike the person that pays the most gets the higher lvls
  • HiltoftheDragonHiltoftheDragon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,645
    edited January 29, 2017
    Cheapneazy wrote: »

Yes like a set of gear for all to use, unlike the person that pays the most gets the higher lvls

Nice idea....i could live with that.
  • LegendaryDanLegendaryDan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 340
    edited February 9, 2017
    It's advantage to spend and without spenders there would be no game. So instead of complaining about people who spend you should be thanking them. Also people who aren't +20 and in the best gear are still ranking in the top 5 so it has more to it then just gear.
    WeedGurl
  • AellaeAellae
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,445
    edited February 9, 2017
    Cheapneazy wrote: »

To that suggestion, i say simply this:

All this will do is kill any goals people have for end game. What's the point of progression if the fun competitive things are all welfared up? You want to compete with the top dogs, go put in the work. I've got a full Karasha Set, +19 weapon, +16 x3, +12 x2 on the armors, and I'm mostly free to play. The only money I've spent was on a few fun packs, like Grim Kargyle pack, or the Fallen Angel costume, or that hero pack that came out with the ranger. I DID IT, AND AM DOING IT, SO CAN YOU, JUST PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!

I placed in the top 50 last month, and looking like I'll do it again this month, if not in the top 20, I can get to 11f regularly, and with relative easy, and am starting to clear 11f and get to 14f easier day by day. I am nearly out of time by the time I reach that floor though, so i certainly need to step it up, but I will soon.

Pdogg