[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Ellora Spire Feedback from many players

VichallVichall
Riders of Icarus Rep: 900
edited January 30, 2017 in General Chat
RNG should not be one of the main features inside the tower.

Floor 4, can spawn up to 4 Laikus at random and this should be taken out and instead spawn a fixed set of Laikus for tame(and only after taming all spawns the Bigger Laiku Boss) or completely remove them.

Bombs drop inside the tower can deal from 30% to 60 to 90% of bosses' HP and is too luck dependent and should be removed.

Talisman/Charm that enhances stats temporary should be removed as well.

Lastly, the outfits from securing the coveted spots should NOT have any stats as this provide players who secure the first week/month in the ladder a much great chance at winning the next one.

KesstrylNeoraNysteb

Comments

• DragonEnchantressDragonEnchantress
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,665
    edited January 30, 2017
    I personally have no issues with the bombs, a random boost of damage is better than none. I've only ever had to tame one laiku to get the boss to spawn and then the other tameable ones vanish, it's never mattered how many it started with and I absolutely quite enjoy the talismans that drop. I got some decent state buffs which helped me advance quite a few times.

I'm confused why you find any of those a problem =/
    1pwny
  • VichallVichall
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 900
    edited January 30, 2017
    You are confused because you are not running this competitively. One bomb or one less laiku tame makes a whole world of difference between the top few spots.
    Shadow_AlchemistKesstryl
  • KesstrylKesstryl
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,775
    edited January 30, 2017
    I agree about the random events taking seconds away from the timer, and that should be standardized. I do see the point about the talismans, but I've been getting the taming or pet leveling ones, and I like those. I also agree that the outfits do give those top players even better odds of remaining in the top. I don't know what the fix should be, but taming doesn't effect the dungeon so keep the pet based talisman rewards. Also let there be a fixed number of tames and damage, otherwise it does become luck based since we are racing against a timer.
  • BownanzaBownanza
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 415
    edited January 31, 2017
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    ...I do see the point about the talismans, but I've been getting the taming or pet leveling ones, and I like those. ...

u mean the charms, but there are also spire talismans which can drop and lasts for 3 days, i got one for defense and one for magic attack.
  • KesstrylKesstryl
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,775
    edited January 31, 2017
    I got a crit charm today which helped me to get through floor 8 a little quicker, so these charms do give advantage. Now I was happy at the time to have it because the Laiku floor really slowed me today for some reason. Mamma laiku spawned more adds today than usual and got a last batch in as I killed her so I had to kite and kill extra mobs. The extra mobs countered the looted charm, so maybe that balanced itself, but what if she had spawned less adds and I got the charm, I would have advanced much faster and probably gained a floor today.
  • emerdeix123emerdeix123
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,295
    edited January 31, 2017
    Well, about the skins for winning the tower, there is a simple solution in my opinion. Let them remain as they are, but tweak them so that they won't have any effect in ellora spire.
  • SemiMongSemiMong
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,350
    edited February 1, 2017
    Vichall wrote: »
    You are confused because you are not running this competitively. One bomb or one less laiku tame makes a whole world of difference between the top few spots.

The only thing i can agree with is the outfits, shouldnt be able to have an advantage at becoming number one in the next month/week from the outfits, alot of people would struggle to even get to number one against players who don't.

But apart from that i don't see a problem, you say the persons confused because she doesn't play it competitively, maybe its not meant to be as much of a competition as you think?
    Runi
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    edited February 1, 2017
    Bombs make huge difference.. A normal run for my wiz is around 150k, with a single bomb I've reached 177k. Maybe I've been lucky and that day i could have performed pretty well, or for sure better than usual, but yeah using that for the most annoying boss for our classes it's a huge boost.