[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Game Issues... Help?

DarkJesterDarkJester
Riders of Icarus Rep: 915
edited February 1, 2017 in General Chat
Okay, this is an odd one. Since I started playing this game, I would occasionally get an issue where the game would "freeze", but not in the traditional sense. I could still move around, but the NPCs wouldn't load, and I could not use any actions, or use chat, or anything like that. When this happens, even if I log out or go to character change, it would just linger in the "Logging Out..." window indefinitely. Whether I'm logging out or in game, it would remain like this up until the point I forcefully close the game. I tested this once by going to bed with the game like this and it never fixed itself. The game didn't recognize me as logged on, either, as my summoned pet never gained any levels.

Now, this wasn't a big deal, since it only happened rarely. But lately, it seems to be happening two to three times a day, which is extremely frustrating, and makes playing the game very difficult. There have been no changes to my connection or graphics card since then, so why is it doing this to me all of the sudden?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Menegroth_SusejMenegroth_Susej
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,560
    edited February 1, 2017
    That means you lost connection with the servers and the client failed to warn you and failed to reconnect in a timely manner. If you leave the client open for some 5~10 minutes, you'll actually see the "Trying to reconnect" and "Failed to reconnect" messages. It's fasterto just exit the game completely, even if you have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to close it, and turn your modem off and on again before lauching the game.
  • DarkJesterDarkJester
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 915
    edited February 1, 2017
    Assuming you are correct, why is it happening? I don't have these issues with anything else.
  • Menegroth_SusejMenegroth_Susej
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,560
    edited February 1, 2017
    It's your connection, the servers or both derping. For some reason RoI is not good at attemping reconnections as most games out there are. Very few reconnection attemps will result in success. So even minor instabilities in the connection can make this happen. That's why it's easier and faster to just close the game and, just in case the instability was on your connection, turn the modem off and on again before launching the game again.
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,925
    edited February 1, 2017
    It's always seems to happen for me anyways, after they put in an update, then fail to do any maint the following week. ;P
    I notice the game lagging then my daily monsters going back to their starting point like I'm not there. Then it derps out. such is life in Rol.