[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Sugestion - Balance the servers

AnarkuzAnarkuz
Riders of Icarus Rep: 735
edited February 2, 2017 in Suggestions and Feedback
It's obviously that a server (Baellas) have more players than the others. You guys should make some kind of incentive for new players to go to the low populated servers, like bonus or/and gifts.
Talking to people, Baellas have more than the double of players from each class comparing to Kalas.
It will help the economy, the fun in cross servers and the fun in Stygaea.
Menegroth_Susej

Comments

• HiltoftheDragonHiltoftheDragon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,645
    edited February 2, 2017
    That would have to be really really good incentive to convince people to move to a small populated server.

The question really is this; why would people want to move from a well popped server to a desolate server no matter the prize you get. Even though Baellas is well popped, it's not like it used to be. It's lost players as well. The players that remain pretty much have their heels dug in and moving I'm sure is the last thing on their minds.

I think folks fail to think about the other issues when it comes to server transfers and merges. You have guild names and player names to deal with. Folks have large inventorys....how will that be handled.

Lots to think about before pulling that switch.
  • iJustAmiJustAm
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,045
    edited February 2, 2017
    +1
    most people go to the populated server, leaving the other servers with a low population, ive started playing icarus on 4th july when it was released and i already know like 70% of my server people, not counting the new ones.

but the thing with this is, low populated servers, its hard for new players to stick around cause they have nobody to play with, everyone else is already end game.
    FuzFuzVaelan
  • sunnissunnis
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 840
    edited February 2, 2017
    one ide is if crossover could work well people from other servers could gear up the other servers for both enjoyment and to help the community but instead people grab items for greed to sell instead of giving to all the others for free so they can enjoy the game and thats why server is dying people change servers to find people to gear them up in end game so people move to populated servers instead.
  • AnarkuzAnarkuz
    edited February 2, 2017
    That would have to be really really good incentive to convince people to move to a small populated server.

The question really is this; why would people want to move from a well popped server to a desolate server no matter the prize you get. Even though Baellas is well popped, it's not like it used to be. It's lost players as well. The players that remain pretty much have their heels dug in and moving I'm sure is the last thing on their minds.

I think folks fail to think about the other issues when it comes to server transfers and merges. You have guild names and player names to deal with. Folks have large inventorys....how will that be handled.

The idea is to incentivate new players to choose a low pop server, not to bring the players from other servers.
  • HiltoftheDragonHiltoftheDragon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,645
    edited February 2, 2017
    Anarkuz wrote: »

The idea is to incentivate new players to choose a low pop server, not to bring the players from other servers.

Again, that incentive would have to be really good. I see posts all the time from new players asking where the pop is.....they are told to go to the most popped servers.

What deems an incentive so good that it would be chosen over an established player base.

/shrug
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,925
    edited February 2, 2017
    IDK, maybe the incentive needs to be trying to get back the player base for the servers in dire need of more people. Transferring those from Baellas would frankly put them in a bind trying to find others to gain either friends or guilds. Higher level players may have it easier but in the long run you're not solving why those other servers lost so many.

Maybe give free premium for a month or so to those creating new players on affected servers, or nx even. But again that's just a band-aid for a major hemorrhage.

The problem is lack of player base has affected those servers, that is undeniable. I have three characters, all are on each server and i have seen first hand how little there are to run raids, etc unless you're one of the super guilds still playing. All in all it makes doing the simple story line harder, because you sometimes have to wait for help, or try to solo it all.
    Dropping channels seemed to be a solution but again now you have both instability and lag.

Part of the problem seems to be that the drops, taming and end game situations (I.E. legendary dungeons, and now Ellora's Sp[re.) are driving people out because they get tired, frustrated and just plain angry that no one is hearing their pain or frustration and responding to it.
    Frankly it is never a great idea to put in something new that only a handful of elites can do without to much trouble (No one wants to spend hours trying to figure out WTH?, they want something to enjoy not get angry about.)
    No news is NOT good news in this instance, again not sure what needs to be done here, but i don't think merging or even asking for volunteers to move will solve it , it's something deeper that's wrong..
  • AnarkuzAnarkuz
    edited February 2, 2017
    We are almost always recruiting low lvls in kalas, and like 90% of the players keeps playing if they get in discord.
    Its just a matter of "have people to play with" (bigest complain i hear from new players). So united with the benefits for starts on a low pop server, nexus can give some incentive to people to play together, and to mid levels helps the new comers.
  • emerdeix123emerdeix123
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,295
    edited February 3, 2017
    Well, aside from free premium for a week (month is too long, if you're active you can get max lvl or atleast cloying wastes in a week, if you're hardcore and rush to max lvl - 3/4 days) they could give smth like 50 elluns and 20 gold TO EACH NEW REGISTERED ACCOUNT FOR THE FIRST CHARACTER. This could only affect the low popped servers.

These suggestions are to attract new players, but aside from attracting, you need to keep them - so let's make a daily quest in hakain's crossing for lvl 30+ with a simple objective: help a player below 30 lvl in TWO STORY QUESTS. How? Just hop to his pt and help him with objectives, if he gets them all done - you're free. This way people in brakkar may see some higher lvls, get their help and advice, and maybe meet some new friends. And make this daily even for 5 elluns to attract higher lvls to do it, because this is MMO - massively MULTIPLAYER online. If I'd want to play solo I'd buy gothic or witcher, better graphics, story, no internet meaning no dc... But I want to play with others and help them, but there's only a few who think similar way.