[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

- Suggestion -- Ellora's Spire

iJustAmiJustAm
Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,045
edited February 5, 2017 in Suggestions and Feedback
Nexon to correct your silliness
i have come up with a solution, kinda like the manastone method.

SOLUTION :
Those who come #1 in Ellora's spire, get a 7 day item that gives 50% DPS debuff while inside tower for 7 days.
Those who come #2-3 get 25% DPS debuff
and those that come #4-10 get 5% debuff.
This way those who win cannot always win and it gives others a chance, like the manastone debuff

plus the reward items are just buffing those #1-3 even more making it harder to compete with them, this doesn't help one bit. so why implement it? doesn't make sense.

1TfRRAX.png sVwMSLo.png BEJvFjL.png

Please do this at least, don't be one of those Companies. Give everyone a chance. #MakeIcarusGreatAgain

-- Please vote below if you are able, every vote counts, those who disagree comment below stating why. --
  1. Poll10 votes
    1. 100% agree
       100% (10 votes)
    2. Agree
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• VichallVichall
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 900
    edited February 5, 2017
    Just make the outfits stateless no bonuses so everyone competes equally every week.
    iJustAmKesstrylYllmathir
  • GladiolusGladiolus
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,285
    edited February 5, 2017
    I would Keep the outfits how they are. Only deactivate the immense buff inside the tower.
    Kesstryl
  • iJustAmiJustAm
    edited February 5, 2017
    Gladiolus wrote: »
    I would Keep the outfits how they are. Only deactivate the immense buff inside the tower.

this is not a post about the towers debuff :P , i mean it kinda is, but a little change of DPS debuff needs to be added as i stated above

• GeodoiditoGeodoidito
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 850
    edited February 6, 2017
    I like outfits how they are, this is what makes me go there in the first place to get this rewards. I have got shoulder Crow 30 days

Without it, why should I go there? To get 5 elluns every day?

I need motivation to go there and these rewards give me motivation to be better.
    1pwny
  • iJustAmiJustAm
    edited February 6, 2017
    Geodoidito wrote: »
    I like outfits how they are, this is what makes me go there in the first place to get this rewards. I have got shoulder Crow 30 days
    I need motivation to go there and these rewards give me motivation to be better.

if you have a crow then youre not getting 5 ellun per day, stop commenting.

• FyerPowerFyerPower
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 805
    edited February 6, 2017
    Where is the disagree on your poll? Kinda a one sided poll.
    Geodoidito1pwnyEntrenchedsoul
  • FyerPowerFyerPower
    edited February 6, 2017
    iJustAm wrote: »

if you have a crow then youre not getting 5 ellun per day, stop commenting.

Getting a Crow and getting 5 elluns has nothing to do with each other. Geodoidito was making a point; if there were no rewards then what was the point of doing it. The rewards give incentives for players to do better. The 5 elluns he was referring to was the quest outside the spire, where you entered and clear a floor to receive 5 elluns.

As a player who has ranked top in the guardian ladder (on my server), I'd say that gear does help rank higher, but it actually takes a lot of skill too. There are many guardians that are better geared than me that can't even gear near my score. It takes a fair amount of skill, knowing each of the floors in and out, knowing what to do, what to block, when to attack, what to attack, etc.
    Geodoidito1pwnyPdogg
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    edited February 6, 2017
    There are other rewards you get aswell beside the costumes or shoulder crow....these are alot of elluns, lucky boxes with nice stuff in it and a title for the number 1.
    I think that can be more than enough rewards to get the ppl in there. I think aswell that the costumes are to much and to overpowered because the number 1 will alsways be the number one with this, even if another would have the same skill!
    Its sad for me to see that you can never compete with the p2w players and now they are getting another boost with the costume, masks and shoulder crows.
    KesstryliJustAm
  • GeodoiditoGeodoidito
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 850
    edited February 6, 2017
    Hi, I thought that in relation to the 5 elluns it was obvious What I meant to say.

Of course you can win other rewards but I dont have that luck I guess, so the costumes make me go there and fight for them.

• RuniRuni
    edited February 6, 2017
    Hi, I thought that in relation to the 5 elluns it was obvious What I meant to say.

Of course you can win other rewards but I dont have that luck I guess, so the costumes make me go there and fight for them.
    you get elluns and lucky boxes aswell from the weekly and montly rewards, so why only a costume will give you the drive to go in there and try your best? why are elluns and maybe something special not worth it?!
    For me the 250 elluns i got from the weekly and monthly boxes are more than enough to try my best every day ^^
    KesstryliJustAm
  • KesstrylKesstryl
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,775
    edited February 6, 2017
    I like the costumes and the buffs on them, but they should not be giving buffs inside the tower. That will keep the winners on top and make it impossible for others to take a winning spot.
    iJustAm
  • iJustAmiJustAm
    edited February 6, 2017
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    I like the costumes and the buffs on them, but they should not be giving buffs inside the tower. That will keep the winners on top and make it impossible for others to take a winning spot.

exactly, this is more of a logical comment, those 5 ellun comment guys, aren't making any sense

and @Fyer, it says there, if you disagree, comment below stating why, i removed it because too many people disagree over illogical things like the 5 ellun statements.

p.s to the 5 ellun people, get the 180 day Premium going on at the moment 30% off 29k NX, 180 days is a long long time, ive still got 60 days remaining and i bought mine on parna release. you get 10 ellun per day from tower instead of the usual 5 + the daily potions that help alot inside the tower. this kind of pay to win i dont have a problem with cause it doesn't give you extra 500k DPS in frostbite foxes to help inside the tower + 500k more when u get #1

• emerdeix123emerdeix123
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,295
    edited February 7, 2017
    Short and simple:
    Costumes: OK
    Their effects: OK as long as they won't work inside the tower.
    iJustAmKesstryl1pwny
  • RuniRuni
    edited February 7, 2017
    Kesstryl wrote: »

exactly, this is more of a logical comment, those 5 ellun comment guys, aren't making any sense

and @Fyer, it says there, if you disagree, comment below stating why, i removed it because too many people disagree over illogical things like the 5 ellun statements.

p.s to the 5 ellun people, get the 180 day Premium going on at the moment 30% off 29k NX, 180 days is a long long time, ive still got 60 days remaining and i bought mine on parna release. you get 10 ellun per day from tower instead of the usual 5 + the daily potions that help alot inside the tower. this kind of pay to win i dont have a problem with cause it doesn't give you extra 500k DPS in frostbite foxes to help inside the tower + 500k more when u get #1
    you actually do realize that place 1-3 get ALOT of Elluns -> elluns means more tempering equipment and so on....So at the end being always place number one gives you 300 ellun each week and 600 Ellun per month.....so being p2w, having these costumes now too gives you a almost 100% garentee to always stay on top and get more and more.
    So its not only the 5 or 10 elluns from the quest some ppl above talk about. Because ppl that would have the skill but arent p2w will never have a chance to get better than the once that got these costumes, shoulder crows and masks.
    They aswell get 10 boxes which can have karasha gear, recipes and other rly expensive stuff in it each week and 15 once a month.....So selling this would give them more gold aswell -> p2w gets richer and richer.

And for me would be the 300 elluns ambition enough to give my best, i dont need any costume with stats so deleting the stats would be more then ok and you rly wont loose alot.
  • FyerPowerFyerPower
    edited February 7, 2017
    Looking at yesterday's scores, I see a player who scored #1 in the past 2 weekly rankings and the last monthly. That player even made his highest score last night, beating all of his previous scores... But he is no longer number one. Someone who was 6-7 was able to push him out of the number one slot.

I understand and will agree that If you score top 10, it will *help* you get a better score the following week/month. But this help isn't as long as I feel a lot of players is making it out to be. There is still a lot of skill involved, so even though someone has better gear and those costume, doesn't mean they'll remain top on the leaderboards.
    1pwny
  • whitpinewhitpine
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 460
    edited February 7, 2017
    I agree with leaving the stats on items earned in Ellora's Spire but those stats are for general gameplay only and are removed when entering the spire.
    It may be difficult to code for each individual reward with its miriad of different prizes, so I would suggest to code it to disable any cosmetic slots while in the spire.
    This would disable paid members shoulder cats and things as well, but I feel it is the best blanket solution code wise and also creates a more fair atmosphere for non paying members to compete.
    Kesstryl
  • GriselbrandGriselbrand
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 875
    edited February 7, 2017
    Why is it that every time I come to forums I see a post by @iJustAm complaining about spire??? I mean with the amount of time you have been in the forums complaining or getting others to agree with your complaining you could farm enough gold to buy some pieces of Karasha lol. The fact that there is no disagree button because "if you disagree, comment below stating why, i removed it because too many people disagree over illogical things like the 5 ellun statements.".....really? That's the ONLY reason you don't want people to represent their opinions in your survey? Seems like you just want to rant about this instead of actually attempting to challenge yourself in-game but hey that's my opinion and you did say if I wanted to express my opinion I'd have to write a comment about it lol.

Now onto the actual issue:

1. Are the costumes OP af?

Yes.

2. Are sealed familiars OP af?

Yes. Nobody complaining about people with full legendary seals reaching #1 but when a costume is involved.......EVERYBODY FLIP YOUR SH1T IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD QQWERTYUIKLNHBGFTYHJUK,MNBVFDEFRTHGJKJY

Sorry for that. Back to topic

3. Does it affect ranks in ellora spire?

No. Because the people at the top already got their using their own skill/gear and extra stats are just going to improve their scores but their scores are already so much higher than the lower 50+ that it doesn't affect them because they could never achieve top ranks in the first place. I'll use my character as an example:

Ranger
    8900 DPS unbuffed (No stance/Costume/Pot's/Pet/Ellora's/Food/Rooster's Spirit/etc.)
    77.68% crit rate
    3258 crit dmg
    3197 Phys def
    3558 Magic def
    20% evasion
    47% cooldown reduction
    18% cast time reduction
    Full Karasha Armor +11, Karasha Bow +13, Ruinous Vambrace(event)/Lance(event)/Crossbow(event)/Jewelry set(event), 2 slot bracelet with x2 lvl 2 Magic ruby gems
    2 Veldons, 2 Casperts, 2 Heroic Magic attack heroic Crystals(event), 1 legendary Overall attack/crit dmg Crystal(event), 3 heroic Overall attack/crit dmg Crystals(event)
    5 Blue Bloodwyrms, 3 Legendary Reindeer(event), 2 gilded benthics, 1 voidbeast drauph, 1 clever toro, and 1 radiant agnas(event)

I first ranked 55 when I was just learning how to play my class and over the first week tried many more times in spire and learned how to do each floor. 2nd week I sealed my casperts and filled in all my empty slots with Blue Bloodwyrms and other elites I tamed. I ended week 2 ranked 36 mostly due to learning more about my kit because that week while running a LLC L5 dungeon I learned how to use the ranger's dodge skill to kite mobs after my team wiped and I had to kite adds till they ran back. During my spire run I was able to kite 5 floors of enemies I'd never even seen before and reach a new record just due to learning more about my character. Now onto this week where I have reached 10th place my highest placement yet due to actually learning about buffing fully by using Food crafting/potions/ asking guildies for ellora buffs and also setting my talents up correctly. I am currently in 10th place even though I've inspected people below me and their gear is better IE +15 or +20 but they have absolutely no idea how to use the dodge to avoid huge bursts of damage and die earlier in spire or maybe takes them longer because they have to stop dps to run away.
    My point being is I have overall pretty OK gear but im in the top not because of the gear I have but because the way I ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME in the spire compared to others. Maybe just maybe if you put in some time that is being wasted being here trying to reassure your own ideas @iJustAm you could actually learn how to play your character too and reach a higher rank ;P <3

Now enough about me and back to the topic. Yes, the costumes are pretty OP but not as OP as skills and character knowledge as well as boss knowledge. can anyone tell me what the bosses abilities are on each floor and how they affect you and what you should do to avoid them??? I mean this isn't me or anything but I heard some old people saying something like Practice makes perfect but pssssssshhhhhhhh who am I to say??? I'm just a weeb who likes to type long stuff and hates complainers who only think for themselves and how something can benefit them or make things easier for them. Anyways I just did what the silly person told me to do and commenting my Opinion so plz no hate I'd appreciate it bai bai.

Sincerely, your friendly neighborhood Xiao ;P
    FyerPowerGeodoidito1pwnyPdoggAellae
  • iJustAmiJustAm
    edited February 7, 2017
    @Griselbrand

sounds like you're hating on me, i disabled the disagree because no offense but comments like yours. you're assuming im making these posts for a personal gain and that "i should learn to play my class"

well for one. youtube/ijustam - i been making videos since level 25, attius solo, cavern of the veil H5 solo, took 3 hours of kiting non stop, 9 hours all up of attempts
    more solo runs in other dungeons including legendary. i can out kite you while typing at the same time. but thats not the point here, we are talking about tower. also why would i spend time getting karasha when im already maxed out also you're ranked 55 or 36 or whatever, why you commenting about these, you haven't even reached the top 10 yet, ive been in the top 10 since the release of the tower, also you are level 50, what are you still doing with blue bloodwyrms and such, i wouldn't even attempt the tower with those seals, i am becoming agitated that you even have those seals at level cap >,< lol but considering your dps, thats quite impressive, im having a hard time trying to believe with those seals you have those kind of stats unbuffed without anything.

please, stop thinking that "skill" has anything to do with it, your skill can only get you so far

also @FyerPower

thats because they died, i know people ranked #1-3 also, that accidentally died the first try and are ranked like 45
    wait for the next day and stuff when they try again ;)
  • FyerPowerFyerPower
    edited February 9, 2017
    @FyerPower
    thats because they died, i know people ranked #1-3 also, that accidentally died the first try and are ranked like 45
    wait for the next day and stuff when they try again ;)

If you noticed, I said "That player even made his highest score last night, beating all of his previous scores", He did not die, and has now been pushed to 3rd place. Skill > Gear. Give people enough time to find out the little tricks, and they will all catch up and even out-perform those higher with higher gearsets.
    1pwny
  • 1pwny1pwny
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,215
    edited February 9, 2017
    iJustAm, I don't know what you expect out of this thread.

You made a poll, but then removed the options that you disagree with.

When people give answers and suggestions you don't consider what they say before denying it.

If you wanted an honest discussion of what could be done, then I'm here. One of the prevalent ideas is that the costume buffs should be removed inside of the tower. I'm all for that.

However, it seems like you really just want an echo chamber, which is a bit disappointing. I've also thought that it was weird that the strongest players get the strongest boosts, but I would never suggest something like a debuff for the winners.

In fact, let's look a little more closely at what you've suggested, hey?

So, everyone in the top 10 gets a debuff, with the top 5 getting a much harder hit than the others. Every week, the people that place there will get an item for the next week that will make it harder for them to complete the spire.

Week 1: Players 1 - 10 win, as expected.
    Week 2: Players 11 - 20 win, because 1-10 are hit by a massive debuff.
    Week 3: Players 1 - 10 win, because their debuff has worn off.
    Week 4: Players 11 - 20 win, because 1-10 have that debuff again.
    Week 5: Players 1 - 10 win again.

...and on and on.

Basically, you'd set up a rotating schedule where some groups of players would win off and on. Interestingly, this wouldn't even influence the monthly rewards because the #1 players will set the record on one of their normal weeks, and nobody is going to beat it.

Explain to me, again, how this makes everything fair for everyone involved? Anyone after the top 20 are just as screwed as before. And I'm also sure that some people from the top 10 would still make it, even with whatever debuff you propose.
    Griselbrand
This discussion has been closed.