[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Not Everyone is Botting

1pwny1pwny
Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,215
edited February 8, 2017 in General Chat
I just posted this over in another thread, but I think that I also want to put this out there in General Chat so that more people can see it.
1pwny wrote: »
I got really good at farming them really quick - sometimes, it even felt like I was botting. Not even kidding. My Whirlwind Spear cooldown happened to be almost the exact same as the respawn, at 50% CDR. I would stand with my back to 1 spawning spot, use Whirlwind on a mount as soon as it came off of CD (which I timed to be as the mob spawned), then started firing my crossbow at another nearby spot. The other spot would spawn soon after, and my crossbow would auto-lock and 1-shot it if I aimed it right.

Basically, I did this for 30+ minutes to get all my 400 really quickly. I actually was worried a little bit because I thought that a GM might assume I was using a bot, because that's how mechanical it eventually became.

Moral of the story - farming these things is easy af, and repetitive. Some people might be botting, but I would assume the majority are actually just that good, because it doesn't take much skill.

Yeah, I would be hesitant to assume everyone is botting. I personally can attest to the fact that while it might seem like it, it could just be a human pressing those buttons. If you can find any free space, just try it out. It gets really repetitive after a while, so you start thinking of ways to make things go faster. And then other people try to KS you, so you have to find a way to kill things faster, and yadda yadda yadda.

Again just wanted to put it out there!
  1. If you've farmed the chocolate, how has it gone?18 votes
    1. I farmed in a quiet spot, basically by myself.
       67% (12 votes)
    2. Basically as described above, farming a single spot in a busy area.
       28% (5 votes)
    3. I farmed in a busy area by moving around a lot.
       6% (1 vote)

Comments

• mintganachemintganache
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 100
    edited February 8, 2017
    How do you farm? Where/what level?
  • OhhhhYeaHOhhhhYeaH
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 800
    edited February 9, 2017
    alot are botting tho like these 2

http://imgur.com/a/AKXiz
    KnyomaoGeodoidito
  • ReleRele
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,850
    edited February 9, 2017
    OhhhhYeaH wrote: »

How does that show botting?
    It's the same what i did for my 400,
    loot pet out, stand on spot, press dagger rush as the mobs spawn, wait 10 sec and repeat.
  • KnyomaoKnyomao
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,210
    edited February 9, 2017
    They arent really bots(they almost)....but 2-3 people i came across were actually in person farming.
    Every1 just lets their computer run while somehow spamming a skill that will kill the spirit when it appears :/
    I saw some1 using the pet hitting the spirt killing it in 2 hits and then the model would pick up...they have some bind on "F" to pick up the loot whenever it appears or something.
    It just feels weird dude,no hard working farm to get the reward.

Is almost as botting just using tricks ...seriously its a bit disgusting.

Some on this forum said this :"Been farming with a buddy for the past like 5 hours utilizing game mechanics, chillen on teamspeak having a blast, so yea, please dont change it."

Yeah, is using "game mechanics.." andthey just stay on teamspeak relaxing while they "afk" from the game....thats bs in my opinion.
    Well every1 will be full of elluns after this event...or at least the ones that know how to "utilize game mechanincs" at their advantage.
  • OhhhhYeaHOhhhhYeaH
    edited February 9, 2017
    Rele wrote: »

loot pet out, stand on spot, press dagger rush as the mobs spawn, wait 10 sec and repeat.

cnt you see my chat ive been talking to them i even megephoned their name after 10mins sitting there watching them and they will have no reply and literally just doing the same thing if they weren't a bot they would have replied

KnyomaoGeodoiditoDragonEnchantress
  • AellaeAellae
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,445
    edited February 9, 2017

If anything OhhhhYeaH, you should be the one with action taken against you for harassing other players who are trying to have a good time. You're running around making false accusations (most likely) wasting GM's time, and potentially getting innocent people banned.

The only thing i gather from those screenshots is you spamming another player accusing them of botting.

cnt you see my chat ive been talking to them i even megephoned their name after 10mins sitting there watching them and they will have no reply and literally just doing the same thing if they weren't a bot they would have replied

Why should they even humor your request though? I know if you were spamming the crap out of me, I would just press O, go to my block tab, then block you, did you ever think that maybe they just blocked you for spamming them?
    CJBael
  • AellaeAellae
    edited February 9, 2017
    Knyomao wrote: »
    They arent really bots(they almost)....but 2-3 people i came across were actually in person farming.
    Every1 just lets their computer run while somehow spamming a skill that will kill the spirit when it appears :/
    I saw some1 using the pet hitting the spirt killing it in 2 hits and then the model would pick up...they have some bind on "F" to pick up the loot whenever it appears or something.

Some on this forum said this :"Been farming with a buddy for the past like 5 hours utilizing game mechanics, chillen on teamspeak having a blast, so yea, please dont change it."

Yeah, is using "game mechanics.." andthey just stay on teamspeak relaxing while they "afk" from the game....thats bs in my opinion.
    Well every1 will be full of elluns after this event...or at least the ones that know how to "utilize game mechanincs" at their advantage.

Do you even understand what afk means?

Let me help you.

Away
    From
    Keyboard

If i'm here on teamspeak, chatting with my friend WHILE WE ARE farming, how does that make me afk?

Use your brain ffs.

Wait wait. You're crying because someone who understands game mechanics is using them? Give me a break man, you need to take a break from the internet, go outside.
    CJBael
  • OhhhhYeaHOhhhhYeaH
    edited February 9, 2017
    Aellae wrote: »

Let me help you.

Away
    From
    Keyboard

If i'm here on teamspeak, chatting with my friend WHILE WE ARE farming, how does that make me afk?

Use your brain ffs.

Wait wait. You're crying because someone who understands game mechanics is using them? Give me a break man, you need to take a break from the internet, go outside.

I'm not talking about how you do it I'm talking about those 2 in the screenshot oh and guess what he actually replied to me after an hour saying he's NOT A BOT
    I dont know about everyone else but if im going to say im not a bot it wouldnt take me and hour to reply back common sense

Knyomao
  • OhhhhYeaHOhhhhYeaH
    edited February 9, 2017
    Aellae wrote: »

Let me help you.

Away
    From
    Keyboard

Use your brain ffs.

You're making yourself look stupid he's not talking about you he's talking about other people who are making their pets attack and just "macroing" press F

If you're using a macro keyboard or a mouse and use a macro to press F on loop while your AFK what do you call that? A BOT DUDE ITS A BOT. If a person is not the one pressing the keys itself and being away from a keyboard while their character is still doing something that's called a bot
    KnyomaoMexximum
  • OhhhhYeaHOhhhhYeaH
    edited February 9, 2017

A video of the same person still there after 4hrs and DIDNT move and still in the exact same spot called him/her a botter no response
    NOW my husband came there and checked if she/he was still there and he is! My husband been stealing his box/pet and there is still no response from this person.

If he was actually there farming he would've said something and told us to get another spot since "she's farming" but no she doesnt even do anything react to anything just like a ROBOT!
    KnyomaoGeodoiditoDragonEnchantress
  • GladiolusGladiolus
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,285
    edited February 9, 2017
    Does it count as a bot when u switch to lock-on-action mode, auto combo mode on, loot pet + bind a key with an combo attackand put a coffee pot on it. Ready is the “bot“ for many players. And yes they cant response when they are farming because the arent there. If thatsbotting than why is it possible to do something like this with only a cup?(no macros,no programm. Just a simple cop on the spacebar...
  • VaelanVaelan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,910
    edited February 9, 2017
    Well since the things are stationary and I have a 6 month old baby I watch late night TV. At this time I was watching teen wolf on net flix (yeah yeah shoot me) and all I did was the above basically but with my main attack bound to the space bar for ease. Now I wasn't afk, I just wasn't paying attention because it is a boring event.

I had Oh yeah come up to me and ask if I was a bot, and didn't notice till I glanced at the screen and saw the text then turned my camera around and he was there filming. He asked if I was a bot and I said no just dedicated ( or Bored ) and he told me he was making a video for the GM's. Now I'm not sure one player should be doing the GM's jobs but interested I took a fly around and there were pets killing with a partner? I don't know how that works. One person kills the other picks up the chocolate?

if that's true that's entirely within the game mechanics. Party up set one pet to kill have the other set to gather. is this botting or clever mechanics? I don't know it's never been written if that's allowable or not but I guess if they sell auto loot tokens and pets can auto kill, then that's auto chocolate lol.

I think the GM's should be policing this not a player even if their intentions are good. it can also be seen as one sided as I saw a few Entity guild people in the same state "farming or botting who knows?". Where those reported by ooohyeah? I don't know.

What I do know is that it's not a very well organised event. Perhaps you should just get the quest, kill your 10 get your chocolate, then save up and buy what you want and make it a daily. Then potential botting is taken out of the picture, and doesn't require other players doing a GM's job.
  • 1pwny1pwny
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,215
    edited February 9, 2017
    Ok people, let's all tone it down a bit, yeah?
    snip

I'm pretty sure that Nexon policy is that you shouldn't call people out by name on the forums, even if they are botting. I recommend you take that video down before someone from the staff sees it.

Regardless, the original point of my post wasn't that nobody is botting the heck out of this. All I'm trying to say is that regular players, without bots, can sometimes farm well enough that it seems like they might be botting.
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,825
    edited February 9, 2017

Did you try anything but English? i had an issue yesterday as well, they weren't responding either. Then i tried Spanish and got a response. Not everyone speaks English so never assume.
    I have also seen some using German and what i think is Russian as well. NA doesn't mean just English. Never forget we are a melting pot of diversity.
    1pwnyMenegroth_Susej
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    edited February 9, 2017
    Personally I think that botting is when you use macros/external programs and such things. When you simply use the game without any kind of trick, can still be called botting? I don't think so.
    Devs should know what can be possible to do with their game, so if they didn't want something they should prevent ppl using that.
    1pwnyAellaeVaelan
  • AellaeAellae
    edited February 9, 2017
    A video of the same person still there after 4hrs and DIDNT move and still in the exact same spot called him/her a botter no response
    NOW my husband came there and checked if she/he was still there and he is! My husband been stealing his box/pet and there is still no response from this person.

If he was actually there farming he would've said something and told us to get another spot since "she's farming" but no she doesnt even do anything react to anything just like a ROBOT!

You just don't get it , do you?

Let me say it , in the most simplistic way I can think of;

They don't have to respond to you.

Just because someone doesn't respond to your tantrum throwing, doesn't automatically mean they are botting. I said it before, and I'll say it again, if you were acting like that toward me while i was farming, I would simply block you.

When it comes to your example in specifically? So what. If you think they are botting, report them, and move on. What you are showing in your screen shots, and in your video, and the fact you are publicly calling them out on the forums (even after you've been asked not to by the staff) looks like boarder line harassment and defamation to me.
    Vaelan
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    edited February 9, 2017
    Instead to waste your time following other ppl, why don't you simply farm your chocolates?
    I personally know players which are very bad at english, so what? Even if we are in 2017 and we assume that everyone can at least understand basic english, seems that not everyone can do it.
    Aellae
  • FuzFuzFuzFuz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 775
    edited February 9, 2017
    I farmed about 100 spirits before getting bored.
    I did it by standing still in one spot and spamming mount abilities, alt tabbing to read things or working on Photoshop in between.

Many are botting, though. It's obvious when they have a routine and try to kill spirits that aren't there or are being killed, doing maybe pointless bac-k-and-forth between spots.
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,825
    edited February 9, 2017
    Hmm, not really. I too noticed those moving around in a set pattern, but the spawn of these spirits isn't as random as you think.
    they always show in the same spots after about 5 seconds. not really hard for those inclined to follow them moving around to kill them.
    I had my pet on attack and noticed that it did so before you really could see any spirit, as well. Not sure if that's because the lag of the server or something in the AI of the pet, but is that botting? I don't think so.
    Unless they put in an anti-bot program, how do you tell? By shouting at them? by being insulting? Again that's just being a jerk and harassing them.
    Aellae
  • KaikoonKaikoon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,760
    edited February 9, 2017
    I opt that this OhhhhYeaH finally gets banned. It is one Thing to Point at others what they do wrong. For this guy really thinks it is right to abuse another Player on a public Forum, which is perfectly against the ToS.
    When you guy find someone botting and have proof for it, you are free to inform the Support. What you do here on this Forum besides being not allowed is right away tasteless. And now STFU. One more post on this Forum from you and i will be the one reporting you, just to make this clear.