[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

40 Ellun box removed from Valentines event?...

Comments

• daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,925
    edited February 9, 2017
    Again the solution would have been to limit amount per account or character per account.
    Easy to just remove event until they fixed it thus instead of removing it entirely for the duration, and telling us why.
    But this becomes futile now. it Is done, and we still don't have a reliable means to earn elluns freely above level 40, to keep up with the cost of upgrading gear safely without buying them. P2W wins again.
  • GeodoiditoGeodoidito
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 850
    edited February 9, 2017
    Cant you read who said anything about afk uping pets, that is no problem
  • DuanaDuana
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,920
    edited February 9, 2017
    I had the entire day free for casual farming, so here's what I did.
    I went to the corner of the town, where a few spirits are close near eachother.
    I spawned my Carriage mount, and I went back and forth between the three, getting 3 chocolate drops every 20-25 seconds or so.
    I did this for hours, and hours. It was boring. It was tedious. People would sometimes come and take a spot or two, and I'd have to focus on only one or two spirits at a time. But it was worth all the effort and I was able to buy 5 ellun boxes.

*Without botting*.

While I was very much on the move when going after 3 spirits, when there were just 1 or 2 I didn't have to move much. I sat on my reindeer for 2, reversing and shooting arrows as they spawned in. And for just 1 spirit, I just stood there and shot it whenever it spawned.

For farming one spirit, I don't need to move. I put auto-attack in my f10 slot, and clicked it whenever the spirit re-spawned.
    For most I was watching last night, this was the ideal way for them to farm, since there were very, very few spots where spirits spawned close together.
    I saw two wizards standing and letting their glow attack (assuming auto-attack) kill the mob as soon as it spawns, which is what I was doing with my arrows. They were not afk and moved to another spot when more people came to farm - I even whispered one to discuss farming strategies, and the person replied instantly.

I feel like most (not all) of the people who complained about botting assume auto-attacking = botting. And it can seem that way. But that's not how it works - besides, who would even set up a bot for a temporary event when you can just,,, click a single button and kill a mob instantly. Doesn't make sense to me.

I fully agree with there needing to be a change, as the fact I got 5 ellun boxes (40 per box) in a single day, while it did take a long time and a lot of patience, is ridiculous. Other players mentioned a realistic and fair option: Only being able to trade in 400 chocolates per day. I think that's very fair. Casual players or those with less time can work on doing it as a daily, rewarding event, and the dedicated farmers such as myself won't be punished based on the actions of a few.
    Removing the Ellun prize is going way too far.
  • Mattking93Mattking93
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,470
    edited February 9, 2017
    I find it ridiculous that we've still had no word on this from any of the staff..
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    edited February 9, 2017
    Geodoidito wrote: »
    Ok, just read this:

"CODE OF CONDUCT"
    Cheating◦.
    ◦"You will not engage in using macros (e.g., "macroing"), auto-looting or robot play (i.e., "botting") or any other behavior that allows you (or any character you are controlling) to automatically function or effect any action in a game with or without your presence".

do I have to say anything else? I don't think so
    You can then close RoI 'cause more than half of our server in Velzeroth could be banned for it.
    Did they removed the option in Brakkar Forrest? No 'cause most of those are paying users.. Ban them and free players won't be able to keep up the game not even for a week.
    Robot play could be auto-attack? I can list full guilds doing it.
    Auto-loot it's an in game function, if we take the whole phrase " with or without your presence" seems that even when running a dungeon with auto-loot on is considered cheating. What then? Let's ban all premium users for getting something which Nexon SOLD to you when you purchased the pack, but since you used it now you deserve to be banned? haha! It's like if I the Police sell you the car for just arresting you after you turn it on. haha!

Link the page of this "Code of Conduct" thing 'cause I want to laugh a bit more. Ty!
    Found the link.
  • AellaeAellae
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,445
    edited February 9, 2017
    Ok, just read this:

"CODE OF CONDUCT"
    Cheating◦.
    ◦"You will not engage in using macros (e.g., "macroing"), auto-looting or robot play (i.e., "botting") or any other behavior that allows you (or any character you are controlling) to automatically function or effect any action in a game with or without your presence".

Well I guess everyone with an auto loot emblem should be banned, right? e_e

Duana wrote: »
    ........I feel like most (not all) of the people who complained about botting assume auto-attacking = botting. And it can seem that way. But that's not how it works - besides, who would even set up a bot for a temporary event when you can just,,, click a single button and kill a mob instantly. Doesn't make sense to me.

I fully agree with there needing to be a change, as the fact I got 5 ellun boxes (40 per box) in a single day, while it did take a long time and a lot of patience, is ridiculous. Other players mentioned a realistic and fair option: Only being able to trade in 400 chocolates per day. I think that's very fair. Casual players or those with less time can work on doing it as a daily, rewarding event, and the dedicated farmers such as myself won't be punished based on the actions of a few.

I feel like most the people that are complaining are either

a) ellun box sellers
    b) elitests that are salty because freemium/ free-to- players are getting a little bit of a break, and an opportunity to catch up to them, thus increasing their competition.

I'm also willing to bet that those that complained also farmed the crap out of it while it was here, thus making them hypocrites.

I'm on the fence about what should be though. If someone is willing to go through the tedium of farming for 5-10 hours for 40 elluns per 400, let them. But if a compromise must be made, I would suggest limiting 40 elluns per day, that's potentially 1 box per day, that's 520 elluns for the event (if it was implemented right now). I dont see anything wrong with that, it helps those that are willing to put in the time, get a decent reward. In its current state, without the ellun box, it isn't even worth doing tbh.
  • GeodoiditoGeodoidito
    edited February 9, 2017
    Yllmathir wrote: »
    Ok, just read this:

"CODE OF CONDUCT"
    Cheating◦.

You can then close RoI 'cause more than half of our server in Velzeroth could be banned for it.
    Did they removed the option in Brakkar Forrest? No 'cause most of those are paying users.. Ban them and free players won't be able to keep up the game not even for a week.
    Robot play could be auto-attack? I can list full guilds doing it.
    Auto-loot it's an in game function, if we take the whole phrase " with or without your presence" seems that even when running a dungeon with auto-loot on is considered cheating. What then? Let's ban all premium users for getting something which Nexon SOLD to you when you purchased the pack, but since you used it now you deserve to be banned? haha! It's like if I the Police sell you the car for just arresting you after you turn it on. haha!

Link the page of this "Code of Conduct" thing 'cause I want to laugh a bit more. Ty!

You must be ignorant, Auto-loot with your pet if you have the option but if players are auto-looting without pet that is cheating

• daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,925
    edited February 9, 2017
    Aellae wrote: »
    Ok, just read this:

"CODE OF CONDUCT"
    Cheating◦.

........I feel like most (not all) of the people who complained about botting assume auto-attacking = botting. And it can seem that way. But that's not how it works - besides, who would even set up a bot for a temporary event when you can just,,, click a single button and kill a mob instantly. Doesn't make sense to me.

a) ellun box sellers
    b) elitests that are salty because freemium/ free-to- players are getting a little bit of a break, and an opportunity to catch up to them, thus increasing their competition.

I'm also willing to bet that those that complained also farmed the crap out of it while it was here, thus making them hypocrites.

I'm on the fence about what should be though. If someone is willing to go through the tedium of farming for 5-10 hours for 40 elluns per 400, let them. But if a compromise must be made, I would suggest limiting 40 elluns per day, that's potentially 1 box per day, that's 520 elluns for the event (if it was implemented right now). I dont see anything wrong with that, it helps those that are willing to put in the time, get a decent reward. In its current state, without the ellun box, it isn't even worth doing tbh.

You are probably more right that those complaining were either a) or b).
    Removing it though was more like a OMG move when Nexon realized how much they might be losing in NX purchases.
    But to be honest i bet the people that did exploit this were more those that have spent hundreds in NX and saw a means to use it.
    Just my opinion since i neither buy anything more than premium when they raise the level cap and offer a new area/story-line. i drew a line when i saw just how much elluns packages ran. Too expensive for my budget.
    Besides i don't have oodles of either time or money to spend playing this to the level of exploits i have read in all the posts about this.
    That frankly smacks of those that have little to do other than play this to the extent they may be able to rip off to this level.
    Again my opinion. I spent my time yesterday playing with all 4 chars and getting enough to get the Aura. roughly about 4 hours total.
    Then i went to work, when i got on this morning i saw what was going on with the maint.
    I had a hunch though They were removing something, adding a limit maybe.
    What i saw was worse though. It kinda just rewarded those that did exploit it.
    Guess it comes under looking a gift horse in the mouth to coin what my grandma used to say. :D
    Kesstryl
  • FuzFuzFuzFuz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 775
    edited February 9, 2017
    WHAT?
    Ooooooh screw this. I was farming for that and didn't notice it was removed.
    Very, very, VERY STUPID move that only punish legit players who couldn't have farmed.
  • FyerPowerFyerPower
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 805
    edited February 9, 2017
    Ok, just read this:

"CODE OF CONDUCT"
    Cheating◦.

I spoke to a GM about this yesterday, they said use of auto-loot emblems is acceptable if you are present at your computer. (even though the rules state otherwise)
  • GeodoiditoGeodoidito
    edited February 9, 2017
    Ok, just read this:

"CODE OF CONDUCT"
    Cheating◦.

a) ellun box sellers

Another ignorant I am talking about players that auto-loot and dont use pet and dont have auto loot emblem
  • GeodoiditoGeodoidito
    edited February 9, 2017
    FyerPower wrote: »
    Ok, just read this:

"CODE OF CONDUCT"
    Cheating◦.

I spoke to a GM about this yesterday, they said use of auto-loot emblems is acceptable if you are present at your computer. (even though the rules state otherwise)

The rules I think are not apdated thats all.

"auto-loot emblems is acceptable if you are present at your computer" yes but some ignorants dont understand that code of conduct are not updated with the auto-loot emblems
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 36,945
    Administrator
    edited February 9, 2017
    Good day, Riders. In case this was missed, I am posting this note from the event web page regarding this:

"Note: The Ellun Box (40) reward is no longer available during this event due to a bug. All accounts created before February 9, 2017 shall receive one Ellun Box (40) in compensation for this change. We will deliver this reward by February 16, 2017. Riders will find this item in Ellora’s Storage. To collect your Ellun Box (40), log into the game with the character you want to have receive the Ellun Box (40) and click on the Ellora’s Storage icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. After you open Ellora’s Storage, go to the Event Box Tab. Select the item and click the CLAIM button and it will send the Ellun Lucky Box to your inventory. The Ellun Box (40) is not tradeable."
  • GeodoiditoGeodoidito
    edited February 9, 2017
    Good day, Riders. In case this was missed, I am posting this note from the event web page regarding this:

"Note: The Ellun Box (40) reward is no longer available during this event due to a bug. All accounts created before February 9, 2017 shall receive one Ellun Box (40) in compensation for this change. We will deliver this reward by February 16, 2017. Riders will find this item in Ellora’s Storage. To collect your Ellun Box (40), log into the game with the character you want to have receive the Ellun Box (40) and click on the Ellora’s Storage icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. After you open Ellora’s Storage, go to the Event Box Tab. Select the item and click the CLAIM button and it will send the Ellun Lucky Box to your inventory. The Ellun Box (40) is not tradeable."

Thanks CuddleWings on the update on this, one Ellun Box (40) to all accounts.

• RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    edited February 9, 2017

this still doesnt fix the issue that players could have used this "bug" and exploited alot of elluns out of it while other not even bought one pack. i mean thanks for the one ALL are getting (including the ones that already got 1000 or more elluns) but it would have been more fair to get all players a chance to earn more then just one pack by maybe make them purchaseable once a day....
    FuzFuz
  • FuzFuzFuzFuz
    edited February 9, 2017
    Runi wrote: »

this still doesnt fix the issue that players could have used this "bug" and exploited alot of elluns out of it while other not even bought one pack. i mean thanks for the one ALL are getting (including the ones that already got 1000 or more elluns) but it would have been more fair to get all players a chance to earn more then just one pack by maybe make them purchaseable once a day....

Exactly this.
    You're just punishing legit players.
    Ban the botters instead.
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 36,945
    Administrator
    edited February 9, 2017

I understand your sentiment regarding this suggestion and it's definitely one that we discussed, Rider. Unfortunately it was not possible and would have required more down time for the game. This solution was much quicker in the meantime and is less inconvenient for Riders. The boxes issued to everyone is a form of compensation for this.

Again, we offer our apologies for the issues with the event and appreciate everyone understanding and reporting your concerns.

• FuzFuzFuzFuz
    edited February 9, 2017
    asd
    This solution was much quicker in the meantime and is less inconvenient for Riders.

Not for the riders. For you.
    The boxes issued to everyone is a form of compensation for this.

WAAAAAAAAY not enough. Not even one box for each character.
    I could have farmed yesterday but wasn't expecting... THIS. Way to screw over your legit players.
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    edited February 9, 2017

I understand your sentiment regarding this suggestion and it's definitely one that we discussed, Rider. Unfortunately it was not possible and would have required more down time for the game. This solution was much quicker in the meantime and is less inconvenient for Riders. The boxes issued to everyone is a form of compensation for this.

Again, we offer our apologies for the issues with the event and appreciate everyone understanding and reporting your concerns.
    CuddleWings, since when changing a script could take more downtime?
    Programmer first make the script, once is ready you turn down the server and then you restart it. The downtime has nothing to do with the issue.

And yeah, I think that even 2hr or 3hr of downtime but a better implementation of the event would cause less disappointment. And wouldn't requires any form of compensation. Is this a beta? So players are well aware of that and a downtime it's perfectly understandable.
    FuzFuz
  • ReleRele
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,850
    edited February 9, 2017
    That they state the box is no longer available duo to a bug.......there is and was no bug,
    they could easily change the daily quest reward to 40 elluns while upping the needed kills to 400.
    Duana
This discussion has been closed.