[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Irritation with 3, 6 and 9 hour chests from spire

FathomZ25FathomZ25
Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,510
Posts: 177
Member
edited February 8, 2017 in Bug Reporting
If you get more than one of the same type then you have the wait the time limit, then wait the time limit again for the next one of the same type. That effectively turns a 3 hour into a 6 hour, a 6 into a 12 and a 9 into an 18, if you have more than one of them. If you had three 9 hour chests you wouldn't be able to open the third one for 27 hours. Please fix. And yes it still restarts the countdown on the second chest even if you split it in your inventory.

Comments

  • PeonlicousPeonlicous
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 350
    Posts: 24
    Member
    edited February 9, 2017
    From my pov it is working as intended?
    Aellae
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    Posts: 1,040
    Member
    edited February 9, 2017
    Assuming you sleep at least 8 hours per day, what's the prob? O.o
  • FathomZ25FathomZ25
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,510
    Posts: 177
    Member
    edited February 9, 2017
    Peonlicous wrote: »
    From my pov it is working as intended?

    Working as intended? Surely you jest.. So you are fine with getting two 9 hour boxes, waiting 9 hours, opening one and then having the timer for the second start over again for another 9 hours? Let us not call them 3,6, or 9 hour chests then. Lets call them, "open when they darn well please boxes".
    Mastas
  • KillXIIIKillXIII
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,000
    Posts: 201
    Member
    edited February 10, 2017
    I also think it's working as intended. I know it is annoying to log on, open one chest and then having the cooldown again. But I also already had runs where I didn't drop any of those chests at all so I can keep up with opening them. Also the different kinds of chests (3h, 6h and 9h) don't share the cooldown which is good. I was afraid of a shared cd when I had different versions at the first time. The only thing I'd like to change is that the cooldown starts when you open one, not when you receive them.
  • FathomZ25FathomZ25
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,510
    Posts: 177
    Member
    edited February 10, 2017
    You guys are blowing my mind. If anything else worked like this you wouldn't be so forgiving. This defies logic. This box will open in 3 hours, unless I have two of them. The boxes are both 3 hour boxes but this one will open in 6 hours. How is that working as intended lol.

  • 1pwny1pwny
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,215
    Posts: 308
    Member
    edited February 10, 2017
    "You can open 1 box every 3 hours."

    "If you have 5 boxes, it will take at least 15 hours to open all of them."

    I don't understand what's so strange about this. This is exactly how the Familiar Adventure system has worked - the location has the cooldown, not the familiar.
  • FathomZ25FathomZ25
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,510
    Posts: 177
    Member
    edited February 10, 2017
    1pwny wrote: »
    "You can open 1 box every 3 hours."

    "If you have 5 boxes, it will take at least 15 hours to open all of them."

    I don't understand what's so strange about this. This is exactly how the Familiar Adventure system has worked - the location has the cooldown, not the familiar.

    Where are you quoting from??
  • KillXIIIKillXIII
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,000
    Posts: 201
    Member
    edited February 11, 2017
    It doesn't matter if it's an actual quote. I really don't understand you. It's the simple mechanic of a cooldown just like using a skill. You use a skill/box and have to wait til you can reuse it. This doesn't make the skill/box usable in the doubled time, it's a simple cooldown. Other items have cooldowns too, like buffing items or healing items that even share their cooldowns.
  • FathomZ25FathomZ25
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,510
    Posts: 177
    Member
    edited February 11, 2017
    KillXIII wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if it's an actual quote. I really don't understand you. It's the simple mechanic of a cooldown just like using a skill. You use a skill/box and have to wait til you can reuse it. This doesn't make the skill/box usable in the doubled time, it's a simple cooldown. Other items have cooldowns too, like buffing items or healing items that even share their cooldowns.

    READ the box folks! Here is a quote that actually comes from something real. "Can be used after 3 hours." Then 6, 9 respectively. This isn't a skill, it is a chest that can be opened after a pre-determined amount of time. Having two of the same type of box SHOULD NOT affect the timing of how long you have to wait to open it. Like I said, READ the box. If it is working as intended then change the box text, because it isn't true.
  • KillXIIIKillXIII
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,000
    Posts: 201
    Member
    edited February 11, 2017
    You actually answer yourself... "Can be used after 3 hours" and it stacks so those 3 hours are a cooldown. I tried my best to explain but I'm giving up now.
  • FathomZ25FathomZ25
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,510
    Posts: 177
    Member
    edited February 11, 2017
    KillXIII wrote: »
    You actually answer yourself... "Can be used after 3 hours" and it stacks so those 3 hours are a cooldown. I tried my best to explain but I'm giving up now.

    Oh man. I hope your not in charge of money or people's lives in your day job. The ignorance is astounding. I have 2 boxes in my inventory, they are not in a stack. They are two separate items. Each box says "Can be opened after 3 hours". How in the name of all that is sane do you think that means one of the boxes is a cooldown after the other is open. I to am done now explaining further.. I wish you luck as you try to navigate the reality that the rest of us live in.
  • KillXIIIKillXIII
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,000
    Posts: 201
    Member
    edited February 11, 2017
    Even though you offended me I give my (really) last answer on this topic -.- Just because you split a stacked item (which you said in your first post) won't change the background code of you having a stack of an item. Those 2 3h boxes are the same kind which means the 2nd one will be in cooldown after you used the first one. Btw I already had a stack of 3 3h boxes so I know how annoying it is to wait for them. But cooldowns are cooldowns, they are a big part of any online game.

    It makes me sad how people these days react when others try to help and explain things even when someone seems to ask dumb questions. Have fun with your not existing bug... Hope I won't accidentally ever answer one of your problems/questions again.

    Just adding something: I just told my brother who isn't really playing RoI about your "bug". He directly understood cause he knows what a cooldown is :P
  • ReleRele
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,850
    Posts: 395
    Member
    edited February 11, 2017
    Another proof that the cooldown is intendet, is that you can skip it with elluns.
  • FathomZ25FathomZ25
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,510
    Posts: 177
    Member
    edited February 11, 2017
    KillXIII wrote: »
    Even though you offended me I give my (really) last answer on this topic -.- Just because you split a stacked item (which you said in your first post) won't change the background code of you having a stack of an item. Those 2 3h boxes are the same kind which means the 2nd one will be in cooldown after you used the first one. Btw I already had a stack of 3 3h boxes so I know how annoying it is to wait for them. But cooldowns are cooldowns, they are a big part of any online game.

    It makes me sad how people these days react when others try to help and explain things even when someone seems to ask dumb questions. Have fun with your not existing bug... Hope I won't accidentally ever answer one of your problems/questions again.

    Just adding something: I just told my brother who isn't really playing RoI about your "bug". He directly understood cause he knows what a cooldown is :P

    Ok Kill and @Rele. I submit. I accept the cooldown. I retract my previous comments besmirching anyone's capabilities to function as a human being.
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    Posts: 1,040
    Member
    edited February 16, 2017
    Cooldown exist only 'cause there are players which won't wait and use their elluns to skip the CD. More money for Nexon. :)
    It's clear now? ^^
    3hr Chest: 15 Elluns
    6hr Chest: 30 Elluns
    9hr Chest: 50 Elluns
    Pay to Open!
  • AellaeAellae
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,445
    Posts: 363
    Member
    edited February 20, 2017
    The initial cd timer that starts upon it falling in your bag is annoying. We should be able to open the 1st box immediately, i agree. Maybe they couldn't figure out how to get the timer to remember you opening a box, or perhaps it made more sense to make it this way for the sake of memory usage? Idk

    If what Yllmathir says is true, then this initial CD timer makes more sense, but I've seen no option to pay elluns to open these. If there is however, and people are actually using elluns to open these boxes, please.. go get help, you got too much $ to waste. I've yet to see anything that would warrant 15-50 elluns coming out of these boxes. Sure, there's a lot of really nice items that can be useful, but a lot of these things just get sold to the npc, or go on my stack of temper stones.... i mean.. look @ the cost of some of the legendary recipes on the broker as of late, and you'll see what i mean. Like i said, useful items, but if i paid 50 elluns, and got a recipe that is currently priced at 1 gold on the broker,... yeeeea....
    Kesstryl
  • AnarkuzAnarkuz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 735
    Posts: 55
    Member
    edited February 20, 2017
    This topic ended at second post... lol NEEEEEXT