[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Fairness of Server vs. Server PVP area.

wyndiniumwyndinium
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,420
Posts: 21
Member
edited February 11, 2017 in Suggestions and Feedback
Hey,

For the benefit of both servers Hakains and Kyalas I believe there should be a limit to how many PVP players from each server should participate in Manastone. It is NOT fair that Baellas, as much a populated server as it is, is not limited only due to the overwhelming fact our servers (Hakain and Kyalas) do not have enough PvP players to even stand against Baellas. We do not expect them to let us win either. It is a unjust thing, and most of my server (Hakain) is thinking of not even participating in Server vs. Server Manastone because we all know that Baellas will win regardless if our whole server decided to try. It's pointless to even try. What I suggest is there either be a limit to the number of PVP players or a debuff for too many players. If this isn't handled directly I know for a fact most, if not all of Hakain will not participate. It is clearly a waste of our time to even try. Thank you for your consideration on this matter.
bigghead

Comments

  • EllorianEllorian
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,210
    Posts: 51
    Member
    edited February 12, 2017
    In the last manastone battle, I only saw an assasin and a ranger as enemy. ROFL. it's funny to see how they jump in a bunch of baellas people, just to get killed. There isn't any competition at all between servers. I recommend all of you to create new character in Baellas. Just leave Hakain and Kalas behind if you want rewards in the future ok? forget everything and start a new life!
  • iJustAmiJustAm
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,045
    Posts: 434
    Member
    edited February 12, 2017
    Ellorian wrote: »
    In the last manastone battle, I only saw an assasin and a ranger as enemy. ROFL. it's funny to see how they jump in a bunch of baellas people, just to get killed. There isn't any competition at all between servers. I recommend all of you to create new character in Baellas. Just leave Hakain and Kalas behind if you want rewards in the future ok? forget everything and start a new life!

    Lol, there's been people that have been complaining about this, myself included since start, nexon dont care though instead of distributing new players to other low populated servers they let everyone go baellas

    Icarus community doesn't help either, when someone like you for example that makes a thread about this
    the forum raises up because they are smart an wise and they say
    "Nah! it is fair!, nah! baelles isn't overpowered, nah! ive never been to the other servers but im commenting anyway and we have the same amount of people, nah! my brain doesn't work"
    and sad thing is nexon listens to the negatives, instead of looking into the matter themselves.

    Besides its more profitable for them to aid Baelles because thats where most of the cash flow comes from, Hakain or Kalas have their share of P2W and Nx Buyers, but Baelles has the majority. its not like f2p is going to beat P2P in PvP no matter what

    its always been favor in this game, those that get favored by the devs, profit the most.

  • HiltoftheDragonHiltoftheDragon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,645
    Posts: 331
    Member
    edited February 12, 2017
    iJustAm wrote: »
    Ellorian wrote: »
    In the last manastone battle, I only saw an assasin and a ranger as enemy. ROFL. it's funny to see how they jump in a bunch of baellas people, just to get killed. There isn't any competition at all between servers. I recommend all of you to create new character in Baellas. Just leave Hakain and Kalas behind if you want rewards in the future ok? forget everything and start a new life!

    Lol, there's been people that have been complaining about this, myself included since start, nexon dont care though instead of distributing new players to other low populated servers they let everyone go baellas

    Icarus community doesn't help either, when someone like you for example that makes a thread about this
    the forum raises up because they are smart an wise and they say
    "Nah! it is fair!, nah! baelles isn't overpowered, nah! ive never been to the other servers but im commenting anyway and we have the same amount of people, nah! my brain doesn't work"
    and sad thing is nexon listens to the negatives, instead of looking into the matter themselves.

    Besides its more profitable for them to aid Baelles because thats where most of the cash flow comes from, Hakain or Kalas have their share of P2W and Nx Buyers, but Baelles has the majority. its not like f2p is going to beat P2P in PvP no matter what

    its always been favor in this game, those that get favored by the devs, profit the most.

    @ijustam
    Your entire post is just one giant delusional rant. I absolutely cannot take anything you say seriously anymore.

    Nobody is aiding anyone. The only reason the baellus server is more popped is because thats where the players are telling folks to go. I dont recall seeing or reading anywhere the devs supporting or even hinting new or returning players to baellus for them to relish in the profits.

    If you know of any such evidence then please by all means link it. I really want to see it for myself instead of reading more of your foolishness.

    Go do something more constructive....like go practice those wizard skills for petes sake.
    1pwnyPdogg
  • iJustAmiJustAm
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,045
    Posts: 434
    Member
    edited February 12, 2017
    i believe i have already stated that, you just dont know to read

    "instead of distributing new players to other servers, they allow people to go to baelles" because like you said people telling people where to go, hence the more people hence the one sidedness, hence is it starting to make sense ? XD

    if youre familiar with other mmo's what they do is offer 50% more xp fora limited time or other rewards to servers with low population so people go there, it helps.
  • HiltoftheDragonHiltoftheDragon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,645
    Posts: 331
    Member
    edited February 12, 2017
    iJustAm wrote: »
    i believe i have already stated that, you just dont know to read

    "instead of distributing new players to other servers, they allow people to go to baelles" because like you said people telling people where to go, hence the more people hence the one sidedness, hence is it starting to make sense ? XD

    if youre familiar with other mmo's what they do is offer 50% more xp fora limited time or other rewards to servers with low population so people go there, it helps.

    I read clearly what you wrote.

    You are still living in your little delusional world. Other mmos.....yes, the several others that i have been a part of.......dont force anybody to certain servers because one is popped more than the others. No game developer will cut off a server like that unless the pop reaches cap....which this game will not achieve at this time.

    Ill repeat, no game developer will force distribute players to other servers to alleviate population issues. Thats pretty much what you want Nexon to do.....its never going to happen. Players should always have the choice to go where they want to go...period.

    Any type of extremely good compensation, perk or a golden carrot on a stick to properly distribute players to other servers im sure would be welcomed by a few players......but only as an option only.

    As with a few other posters here have mentioned...you cant be swayed when challenged on topics you bring to this forum. I will simply do as they are and no longer reply to your extensive ad hominem and hyperbole. I dont have time for it.

    Now i must go work on my wizard that im, in fact, having fun with.
    RockyfelerGriselbrandDraconiya
  • wyndiniumwyndinium
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,420
    Posts: 21
    Member
    edited February 13, 2017
    Okay all I'm trying to explain is the fact some if not most people on our server will NO LONGER participate in server vs. server PvP. It's a pointless cause to go in and lose. Hope Nexon realizes the major screw up they did. Plus no one pays anything for server v server iJustAM, so I agree with HiltoftheDragonAnd also I'd rather NOT join Baellas because Hostile in my opinion is a tyrant's guild (of what witnessed and heard), and winning server v server all of the time is not what I call enjoyable. Because I know if it were our server, we'd have let the other server win. The people of Hakain server are crude, but kind and caring. I would not enjoy playing on Baellas server just to have no competition. For all you Baellas server peeps, have fun playing by yourself. Because it seems you have no form of sportsmanship. What I mean by that is you won once already for first PvP for the event, why not let the other servers have a chance? You spoiled the fun of even going to the event so now you just messed up server v server. Thanks a lot for your KIND consideration, and again, have fun playing in the corner by yourself. :)
    NeoraDraconiya
  • HiltoftheDragonHiltoftheDragon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,645
    Posts: 331
    Member
    edited February 13, 2017
    To be perfectly honest, im a very filthy casual in this game. I have only a small amount of dungeon seat time so pretty much everything i have has been bought. Ive chosen to play this game this way for many reasons i dont need to explain. Its the way ive chosen to play this particular game.

    The point im making here is this whole population issue doesnt effect me that much. I log on and group up only with the few i have friended....and thats it. If its not that then im solo. I still to this day havent joined a guild in this game for again....my own reasons.

    Im located on the baellus server and i can plainly see whats happening. Ive experienced this in other mmos where one guild/alliance would literally own an entire server, including any monopolization they could wraps theirs hands around. I dont know what the real solution can be but i hope Nexon comes up with something fast before all the doomsayers like one certain person in this thread wants to happen.
  • iJustAmiJustAm
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,045
    Posts: 434
    Member
    edited February 13, 2017
    @hilt - of course you're located on the baelles server, thats pretty clear on the way you state things, and you're not making a point, i was about to say, you're just commenting instead of coming up with a solution, but you said it yourself "i don't know what the real solution can be" so maybe leave it to people who can actually comment for solutions? and there is no monopoly because one guild can rule them all, there is a monopoly because a short staff of players on other servers. im beginning to state the obvious here but i appear to be the only one using common sense.

    if my idea is so bad, then im all ears, please come up with a better solution.

    Again... you're not reading, my idea doesn't force anyone to join a certain server, my idea attracts people to join a certain server, its not any different then
    "telling your friends to join that server because you are there, you're attracting, not forcing"

    am i the only one making sense on these forums lol, its like im commenting with 12 yr olds, generally speaking.
  • 1pwny1pwny
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,215
    Posts: 308
    Member
    edited February 13, 2017
    It's actually kind of depressing, how few people come to the cross-server manastone.

    The first time it was announced, everyone was there. I was around at 4:00 PM EST, when the first ever cross-server manastone was supposed to take place, before everyone realized it was rescheduled to 4 hours later.

    It was dope. There were skirmishes everywhere, and lots of intense group combat.

    Unfortunately, though, people seemed to lose intesterest before the actual manastone came about, and I don't think the hype ever really returned.

    As Iron has said, if Hakain and Kalas started working together and coordinated, the fight for the manastone would be more than even. Baellas does have more people than the other servers, but let's not diminish the active, dedicated people in those servers either. I think a lot of the issues with the cross-server manastone is based on morale, or lack thereof.

    I hope, in the future, that we'll have a chance to have a great fight again. While I'm happy about collecting free rewards every week, I'd be much happier to fight for them and earn them, and I don't think there are many people that would disagree with me.
    PdoggDraconiya
  • iJustAmiJustAm
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,045
    Posts: 434
    Member
    edited February 13, 2017
    1pwny wrote: »
    It's actually kind of depressing, how few people come to the cross-server manastone.

    I hope, in the future, that we'll have a chance to have a great fight again. While I'm happy about collecting free rewards every week, I'd be much happier to fight for them and earn them, and I don't think there are many people that would disagree with me.

    Question : Who wins the manastone in your server? how does that go for you, do other guilds try stop the main guild/alliance dominating the manstone every week by coordinating and working together? how does that go for them, are they victorious?

    im curious + in the end , there can only be one manastone winner, so even if this is indeed a solution, working together only accomplishes one goal, either Hakain or Kalas can win it so unless they want to take turns every manastone to win it, Iron isn't making sense.

  • wyndiniumwyndinium
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,420
    Posts: 21
    Member
    edited February 14, 2017
    Yeah I agree, but what I am most upset about is the fact we even have to consider teaming up. Plus their is no way to team up in general, and you can attack someone from Kaylas by accident. What would have been a SMART decision would have been would to let the other servers win last week's (whichever won) then wait once more so everyone could have a fun time and get awakened nightmare. The event only lasted for what, three weeks? Oh and I know our guild does put forth the effort to go against our server manastone yes indeed. For all you Baellas peeps why not let the other team have a shot at winning?? Maybe then we might be inclined to come.
  • PdoggPdogg
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 930
    Posts: 38
    Member
    edited February 15, 2017
    Hi! Hope everyone is doing well.

    Pdogg from Hostile on Baellas here.

    I'll be blunt, I'm a "P2W" player, mostly due to the fact that I work anywhere from 8.5-10 hrs a day 5 days a week. I have bills, I have rent to pay, I have a gf that is also going to start playing the game. I'm sorry I have extra cash on the side to support the game, and I do apologize if my competitiveness is too much for people to handle.

    What I won't stand for is this whole "crap I can't win so I'm going to give up" trend that's going on.

    While I feel for your loss of buffs, I think everyone should remember that not everyone plays casually and is ready to just let others win over them.

    If the others servers combined forces then yes, it'd be a very fun battle, the coordination will not be easy, it will be extremely difficult to get that many players to fight Baellas. Will you succeed? No one knows... but if you do nothing you will surely fail.

    Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, and most players in Hostile aren't all P2W super top notched geared tyrants, a big reason to our success is that we help each other out whenever someone needs it.

    You can flame me if you want and point the finger at the developers all day, but at the end of the day it all comes down to this: how much effort are you willing to put into winning? and do your peers feel the same as you?
    HiltoftheDragonGriselbrand
  • wyndiniumwyndinium
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,420
    Posts: 21
    Member
    edited February 18, 2017
    Yes, I know all of my guild wanted to participate in PvP Pdogg but let me ask you this. If you were on our side, and had to fight against Baellas every PvP battle, how do you think the outcome would be? YOU as a Baellas person know your server is the largest in NA right now right?? Your server ALONE, outmatched Hakain 4 to 1. And even with Kalas, it would STILL be outmatched. So the reason we are giving up IS because of the fact we cannot fight a battle 4 to 1 got that?? Doesn't matter if your pay to win, that's my thing. Most people on our server do the same thing you do. What you fail to realize is the overwhelming number of players you have on your server compared to ours. And no, this isn't the movie 300, we can't just win a war against 10,000 people with just a squad of 300. No this is a game that we all play. So everyone likes to win something right? And when a person comes along and outmatched people by a huge scale, there will be things like "I give up" Or "this is a pointless cause" what your job, as the "big bad server", is to say okay, we'll even the playground a little just to be fair. But you guys aren't smart enough to figure this out so I'll just leave it at that. And again Pdogg, you might want to rethink your resolve on this one, because even if your pay to win it doesn't contribute much if your outnumbered 4 to 1 got that? And I mean 4 to 1 p2w as well, because your server in actual fact has more than ours does.
    Draconiya
  • iJustAmiJustAm
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,045
    Posts: 434
    Member
    edited February 18, 2017
    yall should read my last post before commenting, the servers should coordinate together, youre not making any sense.
  • emerdeix123emerdeix123
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,295
    Posts: 80
    Member
    edited February 20, 2017
    Well, from me:
    I'm from velzeroth server in EU. At this moment we're the most populated I think, due to fact we won all the manastones since the start of cross server pvp, and a lot of crybabies from other EU servers joined us. The last manastone lasted for 6 minutes I believe. We just go there for the rewards, because we block every safezone and we don't let anyone make it through. Even if some group slips by, our giant crushing wave of players securing manastone eats everything on it's way. Well, from my point as a velzeroth player, it's OK because we just go there for rewards and to have some laugh (maybe lag too), but considering the point of view from other servers, I think that we need one feature - cross server alliances. How to make it legit?
    Make an npc in victory plaza where you can vote for the alliance of entire 2 servers. If the alliance has enough votes on both servers, then it's confirmed. Such cross server alliance makes it easier to fight the winning one in your region, and both servers in alliance share the rewards if they win. Ability to alliance is blocked for servers that won more than 3 battles in a row. Comment below about the idea.
    wyndinium
  • ObjectableLemonObjectableLemon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 610
    Posts: 4
    Member
    edited February 20, 2017
    On Hakain's server, we can scarcely get the alliances to work together and put our collective pride to the side to coordinate any sort of 'powerful PvP presence', so the idea of getting Kalas and Hakain servers to 'team up for a win' is... Oh, I don't know, the biggest joke I've heard in a good while. Win Trading is also a silly idea, as it is effectively one server asking nicely if the other server could maybe, kindly let us win this one. Wasn't gunna happen.

    I do feel that there could have been something done to level the playing field on Nexon's part, even if it was a Win Streak limit or a debuff for having an entire server worth of people in Stygea for the event. But even that risks being unfair for the players who didn't actually participate in the previous wins (in the case of a Win Streak cap). I'm not sure there is a fair answer for balancing things without penalizing people who are part of the winning server who didn't actually participate before. Unless they can make the reward for the quest a one-time give out, and you just get gold after. And even that will result in much complaining.

    I really don't play PvP much, not my thing at all. But I did enjoy the three events in which I was mostly dead the entire time. I just would have liked to have more then a snowball's chance for my server to win the silly horse.