[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Auto-Attack, The Silent Killer (Of Yourself)

ArmitigeArmitige
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,285
edited February 4, 2017 in Suggestions and Feedback
Please make it so auto attack doesn't stop you from using any other ability for 3 seconds. Or give us an option to disable it completely. It doesn't add DPS to any rotation because it's completely unpredictable. All it does is make it impossible to cast anything else for 3 seconds, and it appears to randomly occur. I almost killed the 10f gatekeeper in the spire for the first time today, only to be killed because auto-attacking wouldn't let me backflip. Actually almost all my deaths are due to either the controls being completely unresponsive (I spam the living piss out of S, and I don't back flip until after 1-2 seconds of doing this), or a random auto-attack stops me from doing anything for 3 seconds. It's a completely redundant thing, considering this game is all based on skill rotations and reactive ability. Having something that undermines those 2 things so massively is counter productive.
DuanaFuzFuzMenegroth_SusejKesstryl1pwnyiJustAmHyenaOleJoeRuniNysteband 4 others.

Comments

• MlBMlB
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,665
    edited February 4, 2017
    It's also the silent killer of familiars you would have gotten to jump on. (Rip Karashas xTooMany) But really though, auto attack is awful and the option to permanently toggle it off is needed. I'm getting a little sick of it messing up my stuff.
    DuanaFuzFuzMenegroth_SusejKesstryl1pwnyHyenaOleJoeyvadimArmitigeCrowFan02
  • ArmitigeArmitige
    edited February 4, 2017
    MlB wrote: »
    It's also the silent killer of familiars you would have gotten to jump on. (Rip Karashas xTooMany) But really though, auto attack is awful and the option to permanently toggle it off is needed. I'm getting a little sick of it messing up my stuff.

OMG Yes, I'd totally forgotten all the times I was in Lair, and a random auto-atack has killed a heroic familiar I was trying to jump on, because AGAIN it stopped me from activating taming. Thanks for the addition MlB
    1pwny
  • FuzFuzFuzFuz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 775
    edited February 4, 2017
    This has been asked for MONTHS. It's ridiculous we still don't have a way to turn it off and it's ridiculous that autoattack gets priority over manual activated skills (often breaking my combos). Not only that, but there's the familiar taming problem you guys already pointed out.
    Armitige
  • emerdeix123emerdeix123
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,295
    edited February 5, 2017
    Also while auto attacking you can't use the items from inventory screen, you must de-target the enemy for example if you want to use ellora spire 5 min potion. And no, I don't have any place in hotbars to slot it for faster usage...
    FuzFuzArmitige
  • KesstrylKesstryl
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,775
    edited February 6, 2017
    I'm having the same problem from auto attack preventing me from backflipping when I need to. It makes backflipping almost useless when I need it.
    FuzFuzArmitigeHyena
  • whitpinewhitpine
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 460
    edited February 7, 2017
    I agree here wholeheartedly, As a ranger the backflip prevention is a killer and has killed me quite a few times. It also, as stated, really cuts down on dps and general movement. I don't know how many times I have moonwalked, bow pulled back, moving around like a poor example of a stop frame animation Lego youtube video.
    Its not only backflip it prevents but movement in general.

Although there is a workaround for accidentally killing mobs you want to tame by hitting escape, its a poor solution, and shameful that it is even suggested as an official workaround when it should be fixed.
    FuzFuzArmitige
  • ArmitigeArmitige
    edited February 9, 2017
    When I hit escape in the action mode, it brings up the game menu, which activates the cursor, which stops me from being able to turn, so I agree, it's not even close to a solution to interrupting auto-attack.
    yvadim
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    edited February 10, 2017
    It would rly be nice to just "deactivate autoattack" per settingsmenue!
    Its rly annoying as ranger to autoattack and arent able to backflip because your char attacks even without your permission ^^
    Armitige
  • iJustAmiJustAm
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,045
    edited February 10, 2017
    "this issue is not a concern to the dev's they busy worrying about 400 chocolate for 40 ellun trade event"
    FuzFuzyvadim
  • OleJoeOleJoe
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 705
    edited February 14, 2017
    Amen brother, preach on, auto attack suckth the big one in this game. just take it out of the game.
  • iJustAmiJustAm
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,045
    edited February 15, 2017
    Take it out! take it out! God hates auto attack! Death to auto attack! say no to auto attack!, Game lives Matter!
  • NystebNysteb
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 320
    edited February 15, 2017
    Just in case more attention to the topic is needed - you have my dagger!
  • FuzFuzFuzFuz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 775
    edited February 15, 2017
    Devs are ignoring how incredibly important these little QoL aspects are:

http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/16655/a-few-qol-things
  • GriselbrandGriselbrand
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 875
    edited February 15, 2017
    I mean auto-attack isn't useless to all classes..... for example the zerk has the ability to auto attack cancel using auto attack+double slash and therefore deal 2x his normal dmg same with guardian can auto attack cancel but as for ranged and sin classes yes I can see the annoyance of AA so I believe it shouldn't be removed but rather be toggled on or off based on player preference.
    PdoggYllmathir
  • PdoggPdogg
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 930
    edited February 17, 2017
    I mean auto-attack isn't useless to all classes..... for example the zerk has the ability to auto attack cancel using auto attack+double slash and therefore deal 2x his normal dmg same with guardian can auto attack cancel but as for ranged and sin classes yes I can see the annoyance of AA so I believe it shouldn't be removed but rather be toggled on or off based on player preference.

Agree with the toggle feature.
  • MlBMlB
    edited February 18, 2017

Agree wholeheartedly. I need it off because it interferes with my dodging and I don't like that. It got me killed in LLC L3 when I was trying to flip away but ended up autoattacking instead.
  • ArmitigeArmitige
    edited March 10, 2017

I didn't actually mention removing it. I asked for it to be lowest priority or to give us a way to disable it. But thanks for the support.
  • MlBMlB
    edited March 10, 2017
    Death to auto attack for getting me killed on F25 of spire. #SpireRunsMatter
  • EntrenchedsoulEntrenchedsoul
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,030
    edited March 10, 2017
    some games auto attack works better id say if they don't remove it or give an option to 'untoggle' it.

id say speed up the rate of auto-attack and make all other skills override its casting. Auto-attack shouldn't override anything ever. You know your damage, if your taming something, it shouldn't be one auto attack hit away from dying. (personally, I should clap for you for getting the health that low and not killing it accidentally with another skill.)

off topic I tamed Garme as a level 23 priest missing the first taming button due to lag>:D