[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

I'm leaving

emerdeix123emerdeix123
Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,295
edited February 23, 2017 in Rants and Raves
Yup, I'm just leaving. Lags, bugs, crashes everywhere, bugs in ellora spire making that certain bosses don't spawn randomly, pvp conquered by elites (no, I'm not a crybaby, I'm one of the elites myself, it's boring to have no competition), very few things I can do at this point except making a perfect set with 2x int everywhere with full graveon seals. The only thing that holds me here is my alliance. I met a lot of good people and created bonds with them. If I weren't in an alliance or if I were in an alliance with no teamspeak and no voice communication (IMO it's better than chatting, you feel that people on the other side of the screen more than just chatting) I'd left the game a long time ago. I still play it, but after 6.03.2017 I'm not so confident about it. I'm trying to persuade my friends to join me on my farewell to this game. I really loved it, though. Full 2 months of my life spent ingame. Now it's time to leave. Goodbye all!
  1. Did you think about leaving Icarus?45 votes
    1. In the hard times, but I'm still playing
       18% (8 votes)
    2. Yes, I thought about it seriously
       20% (9 votes)
    3. No
       29% (13 votes)
    4. I love this game but it's really dying
       27% (12 votes)
    5. I'm proud that I left it already
       7% (3 votes)

Comments

• AellaeAellae
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,445
    edited February 23, 2017
    Can i have your gold?

I voted no btw. The game is fun, and not that pay to win compared to other games out there, that is, if you are patient and play the market. With the addition of the Spire, with it's 5-10 ellun daily, things are looking back up for earning Elluns. Also I noticed an addition reward on a TOS quest that wasnt there before. SO yea. things are looking up.

Not sure what you mean about spire boss bugs either. The one thing that really bothers me though is how the auto attack happens, even though im not hitting auto attack, and it tends to screw up my rotation and interrupts using buffs or doing the skills i want.
  • KesstrylKesstryl
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,775
    edited February 23, 2017
    I've thought about it seriously, quite a few times, but I really love the game itself as an MMO. I disagree about a few of your points. Yes the bugs are irritating, however, the game is in open beta, and that means there will be bugs while they work through the beta. I'm not going to leave over that. I also disagree about pay to win. I don't care about levels of pay to win. If a player can pay for something that gives him an advantage over another, it's pay to win period. There are legendary foxes in the cash shop that make better seals than anything you can find in game, and I'm not cool with that. I'm ok with cash shop pets, but they should never be better than what you can tame in-game. For awhile we couldn't get eluns if we hit a certain level because we were locked out of lower level quests, and they finally remedied that, but I was seriously thinking about leaving around then. For the record I'm not against cash shops or paying for stuff to support a game I love. I have a sub, and I've also bought some packages and things from the cash shop with NX credit, such as the Ice Dragon greatsword skin when that was available (because it's a dragon sword and looks awesome). I am against advantages such as unlimited cash shop packages that give overpowered familiars which can be bought mulitple times and sealed. How does the average casual player/spender compete with that? Some things have improved, as you said, and that gives me hope that the devs are listening, and that they will consider all the feedback us beta testers are giving them. Bugs will get fixed in time. I hope the game also becomes more fair in time, and offers more fair cash shop items so players can't buy for advantages that unbalance the game for the general playerbase. I'm hoping for more variety in costumes in the future, skins, and fluff that lets us have more fun and individuality in our alt appearance, mounts, and play styles.
    VaelanDraconiya
  • GeodoiditoGeodoidito
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 850
    edited February 23, 2017
    Bon voyage!
  • RamosRamos
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 535
    edited February 23, 2017
    can i have your gold and items plz?
  • emerdeix123emerdeix123
    edited February 24, 2017
    By bugs in ellora spire I mean my videos, like the tree of life that doesn't appear sometimes, and the floor is empty forcing you to leave the tower and wasting your day. And no, I'd give my golds for random people if I weren't in guild. If I'm to leave, I'm just giving my account to someone from our alliance.
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    edited February 24, 2017
    Tell me which game doesn't have bugs. Even in the best mmo there are bugs, but the real difference is that the devs provide quick fixes and don't let bugs keep going for months.
    Quitting RoI no, I really like certain aspect of the game, but sometimes makes me angry as hell. I would like to see the staff providing more infos, listening a bit more the community and gives quicker fix to certain annoying bug which are lasting for months and months.
    Even if some of us made many report (detailed too) with pics, videos and such, some of those bugs still there. Once a player see that, isn't so happy to have spent his/her time reporting bugs without even being read, so they simply give up on reporting 'cause turn such a waste of time.
    KesstryllithefarmerDraconiya
  • RyderRyder
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,810
    edited February 24, 2017
    I voted no:

I played other MMOs which had in the "released" versions still the same bugs as in one of the earlier closed beta versions. Released, open beta, these are only different names, the content and playing stays the same. I played an MMO which after a short time with good support had nearly no support (which means, the support was outsorced to a cheaper country where answers were simply google-translated and problems not at all understood). I left those games when I could not enjoy them any more for one or another reason.

None of those reasons apply to RoI (yet). I still do enjoy RoI, and will continue a while. I've never experienced games without bugs, and if I can't play a certain part of the game, I will play other parts. I can have fun anyway.

I can understand that people leave when their most enjoyable part of the game doesn't give joy to them any more. So I wish you, @emerdeix123, more fun in the next game.
  • drgeekdrgeek
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 735
    edited February 24, 2017
    Well i think you should think again. All mmorpgs have problems in their ways, so you should split your time with other game but not leaving the one you spent so long time because of bugs, lags etc. They can manage in time these problems like after 23rd feb. my lag has gone for now !
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,185
    edited February 24, 2017
    Too be honest I've never considered fully quitting any nexon game. I usually rotate between them all if one begins to bore me, then I play again if there's content I really like or enjoy. As it stands for me Riders of Icarus is an example of a good free to play model. Granted there are items that get you ahead, you can be patient and eventually access all the game has in store for you.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,125
    edited February 24, 2017
    I generally follow one simple rule, both for gaming and in r/l, when it stops being fun then simply stop! ;) With gaming I swap between multiple games, whether MMO's or single player games. For me this helps prevent burning out on any particular game, but then I've never been one to rush through a game ASAP, I much prefer to take my time, go at my own pace and simply enjoy the game as much as possible.

Maybe, instead of just quitting the game completely, it might be better to simply take a break for a week or two or four and then see how you feel?
    KesstrylHiltoftheDragonDuanaDraconiyaDam
  • NaddieNaddie
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
    edited February 24, 2017
    One of the problems of the game is the total lack of "build" or customization at all. You can´t difference yourself by atributes or skilltrees, only with overpowered gear. Now it´s a free for all tempering and karasha items aren´t selling well anymore since no legendary debuff. If there was only like 3 different legendary sets I would be ok but since last changes I can´t take it anymore.
  • EllorianEllorian
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,210
    edited February 25, 2017
    Despite everything, I am still playing. I have thought about leaving, but I couldn't leave because I can't find a better game in terms of graphic and mount system. The high quality 3d female models are insanely hot and fit. I can ride coolest looking beasts. I have tried many mmorpg like Guild war 2, Tera, Aion, Archage, and recently Revelation online, also Mu Legend. But this is the best imo. The others are cartoonic some how. This is a very good game. It's just in bad management atm.
    Believe me, I am a legendary founder. I played this game sinced closed beta 2. I support over $1500 already and there's no other game that I have liked this much before. And now I feel like I have too much to leave behind. I will follow it untill another better looking game comes up, like Lost Ark. Anyway where would you go? Revelation online? Mu legend? I bet you will find the same shjts in those games.
    Salladin
  • VichallVichall
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 900
    edited February 25, 2017
    Nexon can really use a better management and communication team. If thats being improved and given priority I am sure numbers will pick up again with many being more satisfied. Many of the upcoming decisions can always be conveyed and discussed upon; even a simple poll system would help, for making a more unanimous decision on some of the future features and content.
  • drgeekdrgeek
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 735
    edited February 25, 2017
    Well i wrote these but after reading your thoughts again i realized there is nothing much to do at this game !
    Just grinding to get a better gear - lol content is too weak ! I think you should find more complex and better managed games and keep this as a low - rank game maybe.
    I think i will do so ! :d thanks lol

drgeek wrote: »
    Well i think you should think again. All mmorpgs have problems in their ways, so you should split your time with other game but not leaving the one you spent so long time because of bugs, lags etc. They can manage in time these problems like after 23rd feb. my lag has gone for now !

• emerdeix123emerdeix123
    edited February 26, 2017
    Ellorian wrote: »
    Despite everything, I am still playing. I have thought about leaving, but I couldn't leave because I can't find a better game in terms of graphic and mount system. The high quality 3d female models are insanely hot and fit. I can ride coolest looking beasts. I have tried many mmorpg like Guild war 2, Tera, Aion, Archage, and recently Revelation online, also Mu Legend. But this is the best imo. The others are cartoonic some how. This is a very good game. It's just in bad management atm.
    Believe me, I am a legendary founder. I played this game sinced closed beta 2. I support over $1500 already and there's no other game that I have liked this much before. And now I feel like I have too much to leave behind. I will follow it untill another better looking game comes up, like Lost Ark. Anyway where would you go? Revelation online? Mu legend? I bet you will find the same shjts in those games.

I'm hyped for Revelation Online open beta. When I saw the occultist class, I already knew it's for me. The theme of being both angel and demon, being a kind of dark mage - it's a type of class I'm always looking for in any game. My guildmates have also picked their classes, so we probably have 2 occultists (me and my friend if she makes her final decision), one swordmage, 2 spiritshapers, 2 tanks and a gunslinger.
  • vManvMan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 560
    edited February 26, 2017
    nobody cares buddy, sorry. good luck with your life
  • ArmitigeArmitige
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,285
    edited February 26, 2017
    vMan wrote: »
    nobody cares buddy, sorry. good luck with your life
    Read the post. He's not saying he's leaving as some kind of threat thinking it will be the downfall of the game. He's just expressing the reasons he is leaving and asking if others feel the same. It's actually valuable feedback for Nexon/WM. It's just in the wrong forum section. Also, you're nobody too, so don't presume to speak for everyone.
    emerdeix123