[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[NOTICE] Regarding Recent Downtime

Comments

  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    Posts: 884
    Member
    edited June 20, 2017
    @CuddleWings
    Having ALL the gear resetted is rly a little too harsh!
    Why not just do the gear they tempered set back or maybe only this gear do +0. But not all of it......
    Why i say it: Some just used the bug 2-3 times and maybe only tempered once till they saw "ok this isnt normal"....and other tempered all of their gear +25
    i think there SHOULD be a differents about the ppl that used it 1-2 times and ppl that totaly abused the bug over and over!!!!
    ExceddiusMaldoniaMeaMeaRayn3ZuNami
  • DjbarmanDjbarman
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 320
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited June 20, 2017
    think the problem is technical solution to this problem if they wanted to reset tempering on items only players tempered during bug they would have to open and check all accounts manualy on all servs ... if reset all items theyll just write a script smth like if tempering "date /time of bug" then Temper Level 0. Ppl loose a lot but the ban time wont be a month or more. But thats just an idea dont know if thats what happening
  • ExceddiusExceddius
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,540
    Posts: 62
    Member
    edited June 20, 2017
    Some players have paid (REAL MONEY) for their tempered equipment... There is a difference between the player who normally played and taking the Elluns and, the players who changed channels to get more and more Elluns. I hope Nexon will make that difference... Just look the logs of each player.
    MaldoniaRayn3
  • TyssonNTyssonN
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 400
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited June 20, 2017
    okay i drop a item the server save that i drop it but why he not reset to this time the completly acc
  • KillXIIIKillXIII
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,000
    Posts: 201
    Member
    edited June 20, 2017
    Thx for real punishment for the exploiters. Even though some people say it's too harsh, I say it's just fair. Those who were tempering like mad at that time where laughing their ass off cause they didn't see any punishment comming. Now they won't laugh.

    About checking who got how many Elluns out of this bug. I would like to ask for something^^ I took the Elluns from achievement once and then I got the achievement again without taking the other Elluns at that time. I then went to forum and made a bug report. Then I couldn't play for one day cause internet broke down in the village I live in cause of a lightning strike. When I was able to play again I saw the achievement was still there so I took the Elluns again. That means I got a total number of 90 Elluns from that bug. I bought a new storage row 2 days ago cause my inventory can't handle all the drops from Shady warrens XD You can take away 90 Elluns from me that's fine and fair. But please don't delete that storage row I would have bought it with my normal Elluns anyways :3
    FairPlay001_1
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,125
    Posts: 638
    Member
    edited June 20, 2017
    Well done Nexon, this very clearly shows that exploiters will be punished. As for the comments that it's too harsh, why? Those players made a decision to exploit to give themselves an advantage over others. In other words they cheated! Their actions contributed to the 11 hours Unscheduled Maintenance that followed, resulting in many players missing out on daily activities, as well as Premium Service which players have paid REAL MONEY for! Sure, everyone (except the exploiters) is getting 5 days Premium Service in the "compensation" package, but that's costing Nexon, again due to these exploiters! Just how much do you think it's costing Nexon to sort all of this out? It sure isn't free, so that's something else these exploiters are responsible for.

    As for the "banned players will quit and take their friends with them" argument, I suspect there will be more players willing to stay with RoI and bring their friends to the game, knowing that Nexon will punish exploiters and cheaters to ensure everyone has a fair and equal gaming experience!
    CreamMaldoniaFairPlay001_1ElleloupRyder
  • neMes1sneMes1s
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 880
    Posts: 21
    Member
    edited June 20, 2017
    I'm surprised but really glad they actually took action against these exploiters. There is nothing that could justify their actions as they just saw a possibilty and jumped onto it like a 10year lost islander that sees a sleeping naked woman

    i just hope that you found a way to determine those that got free elluns from that channel-switch-achievement and tempered and those that tempered within that timeframe with their own elluns (otherwise i alrdy see my guildleader write a spicy supportticket :D). If not, and there are innocent people banned, we can brace ourself for the big upcoming exodus

    On the other hand, i can't stress enough that a bug like this must be avoided from happening again AT ALL COSTS. As mentioned before the voucher chests could also be multiple times obtained through channel switching, so the team was aware of that danger and it should have been in your routine to check that type of things when launching updates. I'm seriously a bit baffed this could even happen as i'm pretty sure that you kinda have to switch channels at least once when testing and thus, notice that you got an achievement completed. Anyway the damage is done

    And concerning those crying that this punishment is too hard. You gambled, and lost. I just hope they let you suffer a bit in your banned status (as long as devs rly made sure they only ban exploiters and no innocent peepz). And i sincerely hope this action will make these guys leave - like this we maybe separate the wheat from the chaff and make the whole community a bit better

    Just my 2cents
  • Rayn3Rayn3
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 655
    Posts: 15
    Member
    edited June 20, 2017
    I used Ellen from spire runs and then purchased 50.00 nx to buy more Ellen to get my gear to +17 and my chest piece to +23. Your telling me that because I unlocked 3 bank slots that your going to 0 all of my gear that I bought nx to temper?! Then you can give me my money back. I did not use the exploit to temper gears, I was not trying to gain unfair advantage over my fellow players, thats why I didnt temper my gears...and any company in their right mind would have just rolled the server back due to how widely abused this bug was and the limited time that would be lost. This is not fair punishment.

    Think about this. Those who exploited the bug have already been banned for 10 days. Meaning, thats a week of spire rewards they lose (including ellun) Its a full 10 days of missed log in rewards (again, missing out on more ellun) not to mention we wont be able to collect all the Writs so we wont get that free exalted box. We will miss the special log in event completely, We are losing 10 days of our premium service, which many of us payed NX for. We missed out on the GM dungeon run event so we're also out a free rodesh mark. We have missed 10 days worth of ellun from daily quests ( I did mine everyday) Missed out on Daily and weekly ellun from repeatable achievements.... and now, because I unlocked some slots your going to 0 all of my gear. Gear that I didnt use the ellun on. Gear that I bought NX to buy ellun to temper, Gear I did dailies everyday for 3 weeks to temper. Have you tried to temper exaulted? Its near impossible past +15...soo much ellun because the tempering stones we have are a low sucess rate. Gear I ran spire to get ellun to temper.

    Sorry Nexon but I think being banned and missing out on all of the things we have is punishment enough. Zeroing our gear... especially for those like me who never used the ellun to temper their gear in the first place and didn't try to gain an unfair advantage over others is going to far. Lets be real, the only reason your taking action is because you view it as lost profits because it involved a cash shop currecy. I didnt see this kind of action when this same thing happened with the commander rondo boxes... because.. nexon doesnt care about that... its all bound and not cash shop. Lets call this what it is.. you dont care about fairness for the players on the server, you care about loss of profit.

    As I said in my ticket the only reason I used the ellun at all to unlock bank slots was because I saw ppl tempering their gear and I saw how widely abused it was and believed that the server would be rolled back since it had only been back online for 30 minutes. Your solution is to harsh, and unfair especially in my case. You say to contact customer support for support on this.. I put in a ticket Friday, you've yet to respond. Its been 5 days... but you'd better believe you found time to increase the duration of my ban. This is crap.
    ExceddiuswodashhBIGBLUE
  • ikrantikawngikrantikawng
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 700
    Posts: 14
    Member
    edited June 20, 2017
    "All of the gears tempering level reset" meaning every piece they own or just the pieces they tempered? Sucks to be them lol

    All equipment, whether tempered with exploited Elluns or not, will be reset.

    If I understand correctly, ALL the stuff will have its tempered fall to zero even if this one was tempered before the appearance of the exploit?
  • MaldoniaMaldonia
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,490
    Posts: 28
    Member
    edited June 20, 2017
    @Rayn3 Exploiting a bug is exploiting a bug, it's still against the rules in pretty much every MMO out there. Why is that when you get caught red-handed, you are screaming and begging, why should anyone make an exemption just for you - there will always be excuses and there will always be ways to "justify" your actions - it was wrong and you knew it, no matter what you did. You also could have not used the opportunity.
    We all are playing too, we all struggle with the very same issues, but not everyone of us did think that a little bug using is okay and won't hurt, because of whatever reason you found to justify your actions to yourself. If you expect a rollback, why are you not just logging off, writing a report to the RoI team and let them know that something needs their attention asap? Everything you did until then was wasted anyway (if you really had expected one). Well, well... No need to answer these for everyone to read, answer these to yourself and then rethink your stance - you might notice something.
  • Rayn3Rayn3
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 655
    Posts: 15
    Member
    edited June 20, 2017
    @Maldonia I actually did report it to Cuddlewings the moment I realized there was an issue. I was told it was being handled. Nothing else was said about it. It took them a full 30 minutes to bring down the server. Why didnt they bring it down as soon as they saw the problem? If they had this wouldn't be such an issue now. Instead they allowed players to continue to play for 30 minutes... do they really expect them not to be tempted? They knew the longer they waited the more players would take advantage. They are the ones who repeatedly put out buggy exploitable updates. You would think they would learn to start testing their updates before putting them on a a live server. This is just as much Nexon's fault as it is the players.
  • MaldoniaMaldonia
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,490
    Posts: 28
    Member
    edited June 20, 2017
    you still had the option to not fall prey to your own desires, now didn't you?
  • Rayn3Rayn3
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 655
    Posts: 15
    Member
    edited June 20, 2017
    Judge me if you want, act like your higher then thou, I dont care. I have legitimate points.
  • ScarebearzScarebearz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 640
    Posts: 5
    Member
    edited June 20, 2017
    Rayn3 wrote: »
    You would think they would learn to start testing their updates before putting them on a a live server. This is just as much Nexon's fault as it is the players.

    Totally agree, if you have the achievement unlocked you many would have taken the ellun without reading anything after logging in/teleporting.

    I don't read quests, I just click and run to marked areas on the map, I don't read achievements either, I just click the ellun/titles...

    Were is the staff's Punishment for letting such a useless patch go live? Where is the punishment for the testers that should have spotted this?
    Rayn3Pperk
  • Rayn3Rayn3
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 655
    Posts: 15
    Member
    edited June 20, 2017
    @Salladin I agree. I mean if we're going to go head hunting for abusers like these self righteous ppl who act like they have never done anything wrong ever are suggesting, we should go back and ban every person who has ever taken advantage of any bug that has been allowed to go to the live server.If this is really about player fairness and not ellun profit. Of course if we did that... they wouldn't have many players left to be playing. I mean... they already had to do a server merge because population was dwindling already... lets just put the last nail in the coffin shall we? Ban everyone.
  • MeneghettiMeneghetti
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 710
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited June 20, 2017
    lol, i dont temperer anythink and i have 2 itens +25 and 3 +20 like 1 month ago.. if you guys reset everythink just close the server...
    Scarebearz
  • BobTheBlobBobTheBlob
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,165
    Posts: 610
    Forum Moderator
    edited June 20, 2017
    And the main point is that if you are one of thsoe people that
    Scarebearz wrote: »
    Rayn3 wrote: »
    You would think they would learn to start testing their updates before putting them on a a live server. This is just as much Nexon's fault as it is the players.

    Totally agree, if you have the achievement unlocked you many would have taken the ellun without reading anything after logging in/teleporting.

    I don't read quests, I just click and run to marked areas on the map, I don't read achievements either, I just click the ellun/titles...

    Were is the staff's Punishment for letting such a useless patch go live? Where is the punishment for the testers that should have spotted this?

    Bugs happen from time to time in sorts of games, it is not limited to Nexon. This is not a new thing and Nexon is not the first company that this has happened to. Developers are humans and humans are natural creatures that make mistakes. There are plenty of examples if you take less than a minute to google and find many exploits that slipped through the cracks of many other popular titles and required the developers to shut down servers to fix
    daeni
  • SalladinSalladin
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,630
    Posts: 88
    Member
    edited June 20, 2017
    BobTheBlob wrote: »
    And the main point is that if you are one of thsoe people that
    Scarebearz wrote: »
    Rayn3 wrote: »
    You would think they would learn to start testing their updates before putting them on a a live server. This is just as much Nexon's fault as it is the players.

    Totally agree, if you have the achievement unlocked you many would have taken the ellun without reading anything after logging in/teleporting.

    I don't read quests, I just click and run to marked areas on the map, I don't read achievements either, I just click the ellun/titles...

    Were is the staff's Punishment for letting such a useless patch go live? Where is the punishment for the testers that should have spotted this?

    Bugs happen from time to time in sorts of games, it is not limited to Nexon. This is not a new thing and Nexon is not the first company that this has happened to. Developers are humans and humans are natural creatures that make mistakes. There are plenty of examples if you take less than a minute to google and find many exploits that slipped through the cracks of many other popular titles and required the developers to shut down servers to fix

    This bug was repeated three times ....
    1. First - http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/20847/lucky-riders-event (box)- No one punished, all players violation of rules
    2. Second - http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/21175/adventurer-carter-s-collection-event-voucher (box) - No one punished, all players violation of rules
    3. Third - Actually problem - ppl banned and untempering all gear (ellun)....
    ScarebearzPperkSleepySera
  • Rayn3Rayn3
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 655
    Posts: 15
    Member
    edited June 20, 2017
    @BobTheBlob people do make mistakes. We're all human. So why are we zeroing player gears for a mistake when you have already banned their accounts causing them to miss out on alot? Also Salladin has a point. That I am aware of this same bug has happened atleast 3 times in the year I have been playing.. you would think because it happens frequently the staff would check for it. But why cant Nexon agree that we all make mistakes, let the bans stand leave the gear alone and move on?
    ScarebearzExceddius
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,925
    Posts: 502
    Member
    edited June 20, 2017
    So what would you suggest here? Letting these people that did abuse this win?
    Granted they could do a simple roll-back, but then again those that did this wouldn't think twice about doing it again when their bans are lifted. Those that think in the future that this behavior is OK will think twice.
    I'm sorry if this seems harsh but I'm tired of people taking advantage of things they know are wrong.
    You all are trying to justify the action of those that prospered from this once they knew it existed.
    If you think you're being singled out, or have reason to believe your situation warrants a second look because you did nothing, send in a support ticket showing why.
    I know if I'm De-tempered for any reason i will.
    But i tend to screen things from habit so my gear upgrades i have. :D
    GrizzlyUK