[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[DEV BLOG] Rise of the Trickster

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Riders of Icarus Rep: 36,945
Posts: 1,493
Administrator
edited August 3, 2017 in Official News
Thank you Riders for ReBloging the Rise of the Trickster Dev Blog. The following Riders are the winners of 100 Elluns:

Araceli - Baellas
DestroyerJTG - Baellas
Junnesejer - Teleo
ShaBiest - Koroshimo
ViibekeServer - Teleo
Camychan - Teleo
ShowstoperS - Koroshimo
aethrangwen - Teleo
Caesitas - Velzeroth
Drd27 - Akaldus
Lingata - Teleo
JeMiChi - Koroshimo
Sign - Teleo
Schokii - Koroshimo
Dozbear - Teleo

Please allow 5 business days to receive your prize.

Wanna see what's coming up next week?! Check out the Rise of the Trickster DEV Blog.

1YI2hxP.png

Our biggest update of the summer is just around the corner for Rise of the Trickster. This update introduces a brand new class, zone, level cap, mounts, and so much more! Also, get us to 75 total ReBlogs by July 6th on the DEV Blog for chance to be to receive 100 Elluns!

Read up here >> http://playicarus.tumblr.com/post/162364072731


jIP41iWl.png

4lSG4nol.png

Comments

  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    Posts: 165
    Member
    edited June 28, 2017
    I noticed she doesn't have leggings on here or in the latest blog. So are the leggings optional?
  • MenaceToSoc1etyMenaceToSoc1ety
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 645
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited June 28, 2017
    I dont see any of the legendary gear. I hope this isnt a repeat and giving us late content again.
  • hm_Esilhm_Esil
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 600
    Posts: 3
    Member
    edited June 28, 2017
    Isn't next week also the one year anniversary of Icarus? The 6th would be my one year date, but I know that wasn't day one.
  • PhilosoapPhilosoap
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,615
    Posts: 84
    Member
    edited June 28, 2017
    SevenSeas wrote: »
    I noticed she doesn't have leggings on here or in the latest blog. So are the leggings optional?

    Imagine the fiasco buying the bikini costume for the Trickster class and run around in leggings with that bikini. Unacceptable :D

    MastasPperkSydLeSlothRvB217
  • SayjjSayjj
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,250
    Posts: 40
    Member
    edited June 30, 2017
    Philosoap wrote: »
    SevenSeas wrote: »
    I noticed she doesn't have leggings on here or in the latest blog. So are the leggings optional?

    Imagine the fiasco buying the bikini costume for the Trickster class and run around in leggings with that bikini. Unacceptable :D

    The fiasco is someone buying a bikini for a character that looks like a child. This is enough for me not to start playing again. That is plain and simply promoting pedophilia.

    I did see this, if this is true, then good for the company taking action. I will wait to see release, but my faith has been restored a little. https://imgur.com/yPd0T9L This is how little girls should look and not like a pedo dream.
  • yvadimyvadim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,345
    Posts: 359
    Member
    edited June 30, 2017
    that is some oversized hips size for a kid don't you think @Sayjj :D
  • SayjjSayjj
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,250
    Posts: 40
    Member
    edited June 30, 2017
    yvadim wrote: »
    that is some oversized hips size for a kid don't you think @Sayjj :D

    All the more disgusting, but I cant expect them to completely change the loli from the KR version. I would think it would be the right thing to do, but ill take that they are doing something.
  • koyutakoyuta
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 660
    Posts: 13
    Member
    edited July 4, 2017
    question why are people who dont plan to play the new class is worrying so much how someone else plays the class?
    im just curious . i see this alot in games that have loli class models its always the one who dont play the class who assumes how the character will be played. just saying
  • KeychanKeychan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 610
    Posts: 9
    Member
    edited July 5, 2017
    koyuta wrote: »
    question why are people who dont plan to play the new class is worrying so much how someone else plays the class?
    im just curious . i see this alot in games that have loli class models its always the one who dont play the class who assumes how the character will be played. just saying

    Agree, this censoring mess is just a waste of development time (because they need to review and redesign every armour in the game to cover the legs, LOL) to please 4 swj that Q_Q in the forum in a niche game not so popular (al least in the west), they think they can decide for everyone how to play and what to enjoy, they are the same hypocrities that play fps and have fun killing pixels. This is so ridiculous and beyond any reality.
    And is more ridiculous give the race a pajama (=_=) instead of a normal bikini. In the end modding the client is always, and too often, the solution to fight back these people, and is very sad.
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    Posts: 1,040
    Member
    edited July 5, 2017
    Does new heroic set have 3 sockets or 2? As far as we know heroic gear until now had only max 2x sockets.. This means that even with better stats, exalted still be the best choice.
  • RakiriRakiri
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,160
    Posts: 41
    Member
    edited July 5, 2017
    I don't know which is worse, you guys imagining the Trickster being a child with skimpy outfits or the designers. Can't she be like a midget or something? I mean children are not that well developed...so why are you guys referring to her as a child?

    'In the lore of Riders of Icarus, the goddess Ellora created the Shaling race and blessed these young women with exceptional magical talent. Ellora preserved these qualities by granting the recipients eternal youth as well. Tricksters possess destructive magic, but because of their good nature, they are respected and admired by other races rather than feared.' <--- from the lore.
  • KeychanKeychan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 610
    Posts: 9
    Member
    edited July 5, 2017
    Rakiri wrote: »
    I don't know which is worse, you guys imagining the Trickster being a child with skimpy outfits or the designers. Can't she be like a midget or something? I mean children are not that well developed...so why are you guys referring to her as a child?

    'In the lore of Riders of Icarus, the goddess Ellora created the Shaling race and blessed these young women with exceptional magical talent. Ellora preserved these qualities by granting the recipients eternal youth as well. Tricksters possess destructive magic, but because of their good nature, they are respected and admired by other races rather than feared.' <--- from the lore.

    Is also Nexon fault here, with the censorship they enforce this twisted idea and a sorta of disrespect to asian sub-culture. For me make zero sense comparing imaginary pixels with human beings, expecially the asian anime stylized art, so far to be anatomically coherent. The fact that some people associate real life matters with these fake cartoons seems to me just an excuse to remove what they don't like and force their morality over everyone.
    At least some of these haters have a point when they said that this class do not fit with the rest of the enviroment. But wasn't better an optional switch if someone is so bothered about the design of the clothes? You know, not everyone care about these things and want to play a game as much close to the original as possible.

  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,260
    Posts: 3,872
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited July 5, 2017
    I want to add that this is not a new subject. Since July 7 2016, this subject has been well debated by the community and our teams at Nexon listened and delivered what the community asked for, once again (not the first time that changes have been made tailored by community request). Nexon does listen and delivers what the community request as is possible considering standing legal arrangements, keeping in mind that Nexon is the publisher and not the developer (WeMade).

    Nexon did not forced these changes onto the community as some have suggested here on this post. I do like debates and controversy but lets be fair to all and make arguments with logical and factual evidence.

    I am speaking as a player here not as a member of the CM team. I do feel and suffer the ongoing issues as well as the community does, believe me! I am a solo player and members of this community help me so much reaching my in-game goals. What I mean is that, I've been here since CBT and know the community completely and understand it, but I do not like when arguments are not factual or fair.

    I do apologize if I offend or anything else with this statement, it is not my goal or intention. However, I have to make clear that Nexon did not forced this changes to the Trickster class arbitrarily onto the community!

    Good luck and happy hunting!

    Have a nice day!
    daeniKesstryl
  • KeychanKeychan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 610
    Posts: 9
    Member
    edited July 5, 2017
    Cream wrote: »
    Good luck and happy hunting!

    Have a nice day!

    I know that post, the result of the pool was:
    Yes! The classes appearance is completely unfitting and the character design should be reworked 66% (119 votes)
    No. The classes appearance does not bother me. 34% (61 votes)

    , so for Nexon 119 people against 61 is what the community want? The peak on steam is about 1500 player online.

    I don't want to make accusations, but this seems a fragile excuse, the fact is Nexon Us don't want people make jokes and ridiculize the game around the web when they see people play this race, because they think it can be bad press. But you have to consider also that the people who played the last year isn't the same as now, lot of them already jump to the next mmorpg, lots of new player can jump in now that all characters are available. Some people can be pissed of the change, some simply don't like anime art and whine for the sake of whining to ruin the fun of everyone else.

    I know is too late, the decision is made, but at least be honest and say that is the easy way to shut the mouth of these haters and keep you ass safe and not because a 5% or less of the whole community vote for a rework. Censorship is not the solution as a scapegoat and is bad, expecially if we are speaking about art.

    On a side note have you never consider to make the change optional so it can affect only the few people who don't like it?
    What is the policy about modding the client with the KR files? Can people restore the original character or Is against the TOS?
    Just my2cents.




  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,260
    Posts: 3,872
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited July 5, 2017
    @Keychan

    Do not belittle and/or resort to utilize tasteless language to convey your opinion. Follow forums rules and Nexon policy at all times, Rider!
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    Posts: 165
    Member
    edited July 5, 2017
    Cream wrote: »
    I want to add that this is not a new subject. Since July 7 2016, this subject has been well debated by the community and our teams at Nexon listened and delivered what the community asked for, once again (not the first time that changes have been made tailored by community request). Nexon does listen and delivers what the community request as is possible considering standing legal arrangements, keeping in mind that Nexon is the publisher and not the developer (WeMade).

    Nexon did not forced these changes onto the community as some have suggested here on this post. I do like debates and controversy but lets be fair to all and make arguments with logical and factual evidence.

    I am speaking as a player here not as a member of the CM team. I do feel and suffer the ongoing issues as well as the community does, believe me! I am a solo player and members of this community help me so much reaching my in-game goals. What I mean is that, I've been here since CBT and know the community completely and understand it, but I do not like when arguments are not factual or fair.

    I do apologize if I offend or anything else with this statement, it is not my goal or intention. However, I have to make clear that Nexon did not forced this changes to the Trickster class arbitrarily onto the community!

    Good luck and happy hunting!

    Have a nice day!

    That thread was about the idol (Trickster) class and whether it belonged in the game. 1/3 players liked the class and 2/3 didn't like it. Of those that didn't like it, it was for various reasons. Some thinks the loli class didn't fit in at all with this game. Some didn't like the anime/cartoonish look. Some thought it was plain ugly. And only some thought it was overly sexualized. I would say less than 1/2 of those that didn't like the class mentioned the over sexualized nature as the reason they didn't like it. So you based your actions on less than 1/3 of the overall feedback and put black leggings on the class.

    It's summer time and many young girls wear shorts and short dresses. It's normal. I wore them as a kid and I wear them now. Most people in the west do not think it's overly sexualized to show bare legs. This is not the middle east. You could have simply asked for granny panties to make sure butt-cheeks doesn't show. The black leggings is completely unnecessary and overkill. And IMO, out of place.

    You don't see people asking black leggings being added onto Disney's Tinkerbell.


    At least make it optional in the game settings so that the few people who freak out at seeing bare legs can choose the black leggings for the class while those of us who don't have such issues can choose not to have them.
    MastasDeath_Wing
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,260
    Posts: 3,872
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited July 5, 2017
    I suggest to the community to participate more in forums, Discord and other social media websites where all of these discussions can be debated. The forums will be the prefered place to have this discussions, since we have the polls feature (not everyone has specific social media sites) that helps in decision making of current and future content.

    Aditionally as I said and quote;
    Cream wrote: »

    I am speaking as a player here not as a member of the CM team.

    Have a nice day! :)



  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    Posts: 165
    Member
    edited July 5, 2017
    Cream wrote: »
    I suggest to the community to participate more in forums, Discord and other social media websites where all of these discussions can be debated. The forums will be the prefered place to have this discussions, since we have the polls feature that helps in decision making of current and future content.

    Aren't we already doing this in this thread? :)

    Polls are useful, but can be misinterpreted as in this case. That poll was about whether or not the Idol class fits in with ROI, but somehow we end up with black leggings on the class as a result! (The poll was not about whether or not bare legs freak you out.)
  • KeychanKeychan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 610
    Posts: 9
    Member
    edited July 5, 2017
    Cream wrote: »
    @Keychan

    Do not belittle and/or resort to utilize tasteless language to convey your opinion. Follow forums rules and Nexon policy at all times, Rider!

    Was not my intention and i'm trying to be as much polite as possible so i apologize if i was too blunt, but you know better than me that that pool was just a scapegoat and do not rapresent what the community really want, your company force this change to everyone without any reliable data, i feel really insulted by this.
    You do not reply to my questions, anyway i think Sevenseas is right about this, since so few people want to edit the class clothes why don't make the change optional? Or release a patch so only people who want to play as the original can use?
    This is much better to please everyone and avoid meaningless censorship. Since you said that the company listen to your own playerbase i think this can be fleasible.

    ps: To create my idol class was forced to use the KR client because the burka pajama you add in the creation menù cover the whole body and i'm not able to set the correct bone proportions to use with the armour. There wasn't anything wrong with the bikini at all, i think was really cute on this race.
    RvB217
  • SayjjSayjj
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,250
    Posts: 40
    Member
    edited July 10, 2017
    I have a more important question: Why are you so intent on having a small character, that is carrying a toy (classic sign of a child), be able to be sexualized? I think that is the scariest part of the whole discussion. I mean you are upset that you have to have leggings on a characters that is small and carries a toy and probably has a child voice. That makes me worry for people.

    Just because some parents let their kids dress that way is not an excuse. It is still a disturbing sign on our society where parents let their kids dress that way. You think it is not sexual to show bare legs? Why does almost every school still have dress codes to disallow this? They also limit tshirts as well. If a school system says it is inappropriate shouldn't that tell us something?

    Again, the question I ask to any who are upset..... why do you WANT to have a small child-like character dressed sexually? Why do you WANT to be able to see certain parts of its body? Personally, I think if you are actually upset over this, or are looking for a work around... that is something that is truly disturbing. This game is already bad enough with its ability to see what I think you shouldn't on female characters.... IE the panty flashes on other characters.
    Kesstryl
This discussion has been closed.