[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Trickster Update Release Delay

NXACuddlesNXACuddles
Riders of Icarus Rep: 36,945
Administrator
edited July 5, 2017 in Official News
Please read this notice about the release delay for Rise of the Trickster update.

Good day, Riders.

While it was officially announced that the Rise of the Trickster update was slated to go live on July 6, 2017, the Riders of Icarus Team has decided to delay the release to a later date. The new scheduled release for the update will now be delayed to July 10, 2017.

Due to the enormous amount of content and changes coming to the game, we feel that the update requires more polishing and refining before it is released to the community. With this additional testing time, we will be able to properly check the content further to ensure stability.

We understand that this delay may frustrate some Riders, but this is necessary to ensure that the content is released with minimal issues. We thank you for your patience and we hope to see you in-game adventuring with the new Trickster class soon!
RyderW00H00TDjwaffleshotMastasalexNightHitlanoSindel84TheRealOptimusPrime

Comments

• MenaceToSoc1etyMenaceToSoc1ety
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 645
    edited July 5, 2017
    Mixed emotions about this. On one hand im glad theyre fixing things but on the other hand my hype went downhill
    CastandezzoroVaxydaeniTheRealOptimusPrime
  • Ventura85Ventura85
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 905
    edited July 5, 2017
    First you show us the sneak peak, and everyday some post hypeing the new update, and just before the big day you telling us that it will delay.. I dont have any problem with that, if you need to polish some stuff, i just dont understand why do you announce that always in the last minute. I sheduled my rota for the update, requested few day off, and all for nothing
    dezzoro
  • yvadimyvadim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,345
    edited July 5, 2017
    @CuddleWings yay, you gonna fix that bikini over leggings outfit as shown during sneakpeak earlier? Also leggings messes up any outfit pretty much displayed during the sneak peak other then the icarian full body armor
  • W00H00TW00H00T
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,125
    edited July 5, 2017
    I'd rather get a polished update than a rushed one with multiple issues and another possible mass ellun abuse/ban exploit leading to another 20hr urgent maintenance.
    Small price to pay.
    DjwaffleshotdezzoroHitlanoRyderdaeniKingOfEverything
  • xy44xy44
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,405
    edited July 6, 2017
    I think this is good. - There are way too many bugs left in the game, its not ready yet for a official release, so holding back everything works for me..

For starters

-Fix the Relogging when trying to enter dungeons
    -Fix the LAG inside the Spire
    -Fix the "game" disconnects where controls/icons tray stops working
    -Fix crashes that everyone is still getting despite the patch
    -Fix the horrible Lodding (yes lodding not loading) of the game engine that creates worst frame rates than it needs too

-Request fix, PLEASE dismout people when talking to NPC's as in some areas you cant even get to the NPC as everyone is sitting on hugh mounts

Then when these bugs are fixed, you can then go about the day fixing all other bugs. - In a month or so the game will be ready.

As you are not releasing the new patch today, are we still having server downtime? - or is this also shifted to the 10th?
    MastasTheRealOptimusPrimeKingOfEverything
  • SemiMongSemiMong
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,350
    edited July 6, 2017
    Lets put this straight yeah, there is no polishing or updating, they've done this before, all that's happened here is that they have reach the last area of the game and have no new areas to steal mounts from and put into crates, so they've played themselves and now thinking damnnnnn
  • SemiMongSemiMong
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,350
    edited July 6, 2017
    W00H00T wrote: »
    I'd rather get a polished update than a rushed one with multiple issues and another possible mass ellun abuse/ban exploit leading to another 20hr urgent maintenance.
    Small price to pay.

would be a small price to pay if they were actually polishing an update, based on past events they either haven't done the work or made yet another bug within the update, nexon is fully in-capable of porting a game.
  • KingOfEverythingKingOfEverything
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 400
    edited July 6, 2017
    cries
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    edited July 6, 2017
    SemiMong wrote: »
    Lets put this straight yeah, there is no polishing or updating, they've done this before, all that's happened here is that they have reach the last area of the game and have no new areas to steal mounts from and put into crates, so they've played themselves and now thinking damnnnnn

this conent is by far not the "last area of the game".....the original version is at lvl 67 with 3 new regions(akrat and 2 others), a handfull of new things and they planning on their 3.0 version with lv 70, revamp of some stuff and and and. So we are still extrem behind the original version of this game ;)
    So jsut stop assuming stuff, if you dont even know anything about it ;)
    MastasEnricoSanGame
  • KillXIIIKillXIII
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,000
    edited July 6, 2017
    When they really do some more testing then I don't mind waiting a little longer. I just hope that the packages we registered for won't be handed out this week. There was no date given when we will receive them so I guess it should be after the Trickster update. Hopefully noone messes up delivering them before that.
  • Darion18Darion18
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 310
    edited July 6, 2017
    Wow really nice... Update delayed to a Day when every normal people is working and some peoples got free days from they bosses, good Job Nexon!!
  • MastasMastas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,665
    edited July 6, 2017
    As long as you fix em bugs and polish game more its worth it but judging from previous content and things still not adressed i really do not expect too much,hope i will be wrong though
  • CloneRCloneR
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 330
    edited July 6, 2017
    Dear CuddleWings,

How will the delay change the pre registration event? It will also extend? And the Trickster Launch Pack will also delayed i think.. (to real launch)

Regards
  • RakiriRakiri
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,160
    edited July 6, 2017
    It said a week after registration closed :/
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,925
    edited July 6, 2017
    Prefer having it working than having issues similar to what we've had recently. or even worse.
    Yes it's disappointing but i can live with this. :D
  • YllmathirYllmathir
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 7,315
    edited July 6, 2017
    Personally, I prefer a delay if the new content will be polished for real without many issues like last patches showed. A little testing sounds good and could be what we were asking for.
    Imho it's a good news. ;)
  • NXACuddlesNXACuddles
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 36,945
    Administrator
    edited July 6, 2017
    CloneR wrote: »
    Dear CuddleWings,

How will the delay change the pre registration event? It will also extend? And the Trickster Launch Pack will also delayed i think.. (to real launch)

Regards

The date for the pre-registration event will not be extended for the update. Unfortunately this is due to the legal terms and conditions of the event. :-(
  • DabigWangDabigWang
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 700
    edited July 6, 2017
    Too bad it will still be broken like every other update/release in the past.