[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

[COMPLETE] Scheduled Maintenance - August 10, 2017

Comments

• GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 5,125
    edited August 10, 2017
    SevenSeas wrote: »
    GrizzlyUK wrote: »
    Then you need to follow the instructions to do the repair because I'm getting a 10.1GB download and if you *only* got around a 500 mb patch that may mean you're missing some stuff that may just result in a completely broken game later! Obviously it's up to you, but it may be better to run the repair to get the proper download now rather than believe it's all OK and have to download the entire game at a later date to fix everything. *shrug*

Well fixing everything means redownloading 10GB, so it will be no worse than redownloading 10GB now. I see the new NPC, so I suspect it patched ok.

Well it was just a suggestion based on your "It was only around 500Mb patch" comment. If you think all is well then I hope you're right, either way it's not gonna be my problem to deal with if you're wrong! ;) :D But is a 10.1GB download just adding a single new NPC and fixing the Lv. 55 Stygaea Trickster Box? Sorry, couldn't resist that last bit! :D

On a more serious note: Many thanks for editing your original comment to add the warning about the *compensation* items! It's really bad that players are posting such warnings and Nexon are just silent about these things! For that warning your post gets a Like from me! ;)
    SevenSeas
  • AlayahAlayah
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,110
    edited August 10, 2017
    Hi CuddleWings, will the Radan servers be issued their level rewards for the August Booster Events with this update?

In reference to: http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/24457/?utm_source=NexonCDN&utm_medium=NEWS2EN&utm_campaign=IONANexonNEWS
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    edited August 10, 2017
    But is a 10.1GB download just adding a single new NPC and fixing the Lv. 55 Stygaea Trickster Box? Sorry, couldn't resist that last bit! :D

I was thinking the same thing . :)

That's why I didn't want to redownload 10Gb unless I have to. There's an old saying - If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    On a more serious note: Many thanks for editing your original comment to add the warning about the *compensation* items! It's really bad that players are posting such warnings and Nexon are just silent about these things! For that warning your post gets a Like from me! ;)

NP. :)
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 10, 2017
    But is a 10.1GB download just adding a single new NPC and fixing the Lv. 55 Stygaea Trickster Box? Sorry, couldn't resist that last bit! :D

I was thinking the same thing . :)

That's why I didn't want to redownload 10Gb unless I have to. There's an old saying - If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Indeed, there's another about great minds thinking alike but lets not get too carried away! :D
  • xy44xy44
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,415
    edited August 10, 2017
    For me maintenance is too long always, 5 hours scheduled, then 2 hours added. for such simple fixes.. not sure why it takes them that long if Im honest.. Some of the bigger game names take a hour max every few weeks.. and even that drives the community insane.. imagine if they came here!.. oh my!

Im still downloading the game (for the 4th time this month) but there you go. the things we have to deal with.

Although I REALLY would not mind the maintenance to be this long if they actually fixed the known bugs that have been present for FAR too long...
    GrizzlyUK
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 10, 2017
    xy44 wrote: »
    For me maintenance is too long always, 5 hours scheduled, then 2 hours added. for such simple fixes.. not sure why it takes them that long if Im honest.. Some of the bigger game names take a hour max every few weeks.. and even that drives the community insane.. imagine if they came here!.. oh my!

Im still downloading the game (for the 4th time this month) but there you go. the things we have to deal with.

Although I REALLY would not mind the maintenance to be this long if they actually fixed the known bugs that have been present for FAR too long...

Depending on where in the world you live the *effect* of RoI maintenance varies. For those in the USA it's not so bad as maintenance is in the early hours, so players there are either already sleeping or at work/school etc. For those in Australia it's late night to early morning so their game night is ended early. But for Europeans, maintenace is afternoon to evening, essentially prime time gaming hours for us! :( So Europeans just go play other games and forget about RoI for a day (or two if there's a massive patch download like we got today)! :( But Nexon really doesn't care about any sort of negative effect on the player community, just so long as those players keep on handing over the cash! >:)
    myrradiggi
  • RakiriRakiri
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,160
    edited August 11, 2017
    Cuddles tells you in the post why it is a 10gb update :/ also Nexon is not responsible for your internet speed. So if you internet sucks, not on them. I had no issues downloading it.
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,925
    edited August 11, 2017
    Well, it's not so much the speed of my internet, but the inconvenience of having to re-download this twice in two weeks here. A heads up would have been nice. :/
    GrizzlyUK
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 11, 2017
    Rakiri wrote: »
    Cuddles tells you in the post why it is a 10gb update :/ also Nexon is not responsible for your internet speed. So if you internet sucks, not on them. I had no issues downloading it.

Did I at any time blame Nexon for my internet speed? Did I at any time say that Nexon are responsible for my internet speed? Nope, I merely pointed out that not everyone has super fast broadband that allows them to download 10GB in 30 mins or less and, as such, a warning of more than a few hours would have been much preferred! I also pointed out that some players have been forced to download the entire game a number of times in the last month or two which I do blame Nexon for because it simply is their fault that has happened to players! Others didn't seem to have any problem understanding that, so really not sure why you've chosen to totally misunderstand what was written! Might be a good idea in future to ensure you do actually understand what others are posting about before you attempt to join in! B)
    daeni
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 11, 2017
    <snipetty-snip-snip>
    WARNING: You will get 2 compensation items (a familiar EXP pack and 100% health potion pack). This is given to the first character you log in with, so make sure you first log in on the character you want to receive the compensation.

Well the download finally completed for me after almost 14 hours! :( Logged in-game with each of my 6 characters and none of them had received anything in their Ellora's Storage. So, if there is compensation it hasn't gone out to everyone! :(
  • RakiriRakiri
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,160
    edited August 12, 2017

Did I at any time blame Nexon for my internet speed? Did I at any time say that Nexon are responsible for my internet speed? Nope, I merely pointed out that not everyone has super fast broadband that allows them to download 10GB in 30 mins or less and, as such, a warning of more than a few hours would have been much preferred! I also pointed out that some players have been forced to download the entire game a number of times in the last month or two which I do blame Nexon for because it simply is their fault that has happened to players! Others didn't seem to have any problem understanding that, so really not sure why you've chosen to totally misunderstand what was written! Might be a good idea in future to ensure you do actually understand what others are posting about before you attempt to join in! B)

Oh I read everything and understood it all. From my point of view that is how I perceived it. Also they did give you a warning within 24hrs or so. Also there was no compensation.

• GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 12, 2017

Oh I read everything and understood it all. From my point of view that is how I perceived it. Also they did give you a warning within 24hrs or so. Also there was no compensation.

So you read everything and understood it all yet you still posted about players blaming Nexon for our internet speeds when, not only were we not doing that, but you understood we weren't doing that? :o From your point of view you perceived it differently to the way you understood it? :*

As for the warning within 24 hours, the first post appeared at 01:24 AM which was 12 hours 36 minutes prior to the start of the maintenance. At that time many people were in bed fast asleep so they would not have known about it until later, which means they got maybe 4 or 5 hours notice of this 10GB download depending on when they check the forums! They may not have even got that if they had to go to work/school/whatever meaning they would not have had time to read the forums until they got home later to find out AFTER maintenance had started! Just because you weren't negatively affected by this large download it does not mean others weren't! Those who are negatively affected want Nexon to understand this and improve how they notify everyone about maintenance, especially when there's a large download occuring!
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    edited August 12, 2017
    I dont understand what a warning 3 days before or even a week before would have changed?
    The update would still require you to download 10gb if you knew it 12 hours before or while the maintenance was going or 7 days before.
    I mean yeah for me it was like 3-4 hours aswell and sure it sucks if i cant have some fun with my guild in the evening.
    But for me it wouldnt have changed a thing if i would have knew it days or just hours before or right after the maint was done....
    MrDino
  • SevenSeasSevenSeas
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,520
    edited August 12, 2017

There was compensation. I received a pack of 5 familiar EXP pots and a pack of 3 100% health recovery pots. Not sure why some of you didn't get it.
  • FireDiamondFireDiamond
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 460
    edited August 13, 2017
    Is anyone still having issue with the game suddenly crashing? Not sure if I need to reinstall the game or so.
  • Devill198Devill198
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 100
    edited August 13, 2017
    Alayah wrote: »
    Hi CuddleWings, will the Radan servers be issued their level rewards for the August Booster Events with this update?

In reference to: http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/24457/?utm_source=NexonCDN&utm_medium=NEWS2EN&utm_campaign=IONANexonNEWS

I did not receive a gift even though I was level 45
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 13, 2017
    Runi wrote: »
    I dont understand what a warning 3 days before or even a week before would have changed?
    The update would still require you to download 10gb if you knew it 12 hours before or while the maintenance was going or 7 days before.
    I mean yeah for me it was like 3-4 hours aswell and sure it sucks if i cant have some fun with my guild in the evening.
    But for me it wouldnt have changed a thing if i would have knew it days or just hours before or right after the maint was done....

OK, let me try and explain in some simple terms so that, hopefully there's no more confusion over this! If it took your system around 3-4 hours to download a 10GB file then great, you're lucky. For me it took almost 14 HOURS and I suspect there are probably others whose 10GB download was a similar duration. Now, knowing about that at least 24 hours before it happens would have meant that players could plan their time accordingly. For me, I'd have been able to get my other daily log-ins for the other MMO's I play done and out of the way early in the day. Heck, I'd have even been able to plan to log-in to RoI in the morning before maintenance so as to complete that days 30 minute daily log-in as well. Others, as has been stated, would have held off on using a Premium Service voucher so as to avoid losing out on their Premium time! I'm sure there are other reasons why some players would prefer to know about large file downloads as a result of maintenance in a reasonable amount of time.

But, once again, just because you weren't negatively affected by this large download it does not mean others weren't! Seriously, it's great for YOU that you aren't bothered at all by this, unfortunately others are bothered, others are not happy about it and we want to let Nexon know so that, hopefully, they listen, take notice and try to improve the quality of the service they provide!

When a couple of players decide to chime in with a "well it doesn't bother me, my system can download a paltry 10GB file in less time than it takes the kettle to boil so I don't get why people are complaining" type of response it's just .................. well I think I'll simply leave that for everyone else to fill in.
  • yvadimyvadim
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 2,345
    edited August 13, 2017
    type of response it's just .................. well I think I'll simply leave that for everyone else to fill in.

yeah, need to fill in something, ehm. And not catch attention of our strict and silent banhammer operators that fail to convey even such a simple thing as a "planned" maintenance at least 24h before it starts.
    I guess certain person here protects a certain publisher here as if publisher sponsors/pays the certain person. This person just needs to learn the rule that buyer is always right, seriously.
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    edited August 14, 2017

When a couple of players decide to chime in with a "well it doesn't bother me, my system can download a paltry 10GB file in less time than it takes the kettle to boil so I don't get why people are complaining" type of response it's just .................. well I think I'll simply leave that for everyone else to fill in.

btw 3-4 hours meant for me, not playing the game on this day aswell...so it did negativly effected me ^^
    But i get what you mean with premium etc. and i didnt thought that someone needs 14 hours for an update. oO
    For me the game is just a game, if i miss something it doesnt bother me sooo much.
    But sure, if you know stuff earlier you could have planned your day better if you play other games or so others that are working etc cant rly plan around the maint, because they just have some hours in the evening to play ^^
    Well i just said how i see it, everyone has a opinion about it ;-) And everyone is free to say what he thinks, so no its not just ....... if someone says its not so much of a deal for him ;-)
This discussion has been closed.