[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Problem Taming

GoldenbloomGoldenbloom
Riders of Icarus Rep: 640
edited August 14, 2017 in Tech Support
Recently I tried taming Phantom, Lunafont, and Venomus Caspert. At first i thought i was just seeing things, but it occured multiple times when I tried taming them, I clicked on W, A, S, or D, whichever was highlighted, and it turned red. This problem di not occur with Apocalypse , Terror Kerav, Veldon, or Karresh. I asked people and they said everything was alright when they tamed Phantom, Lunafont, and Venomus Caspert. It was ot that i was on a young level, because i had tamed higher level heroics before. I also used up about 6 marks on Phantom and failed at taming him because of that, and used up 4 marks on Lunafont and failed at taming because of that. And yesterday I had the same problem with Venomous Caspert, losing 4 marks. I am a level 37 trickster, and it should have worked.

Comments

• daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,925
    edited August 14, 2017
    Regrettably you're not alone in this...glitch even though we have asked for some feed-back and have been told the system "is working as intended."

IDK how many posts have been about this issue for a year now and still we have this fail that frustrates and causes people to leave the game in mass. This combined with the fails in tempering and crafting is the most posted gripes people have and still nothing gets done, is addresses or even acknowledged by anyone over CM.

The only positive in this when you waste the marks for most familiars is that you eventually get a fated mark. But for Canniphage to name one heroic, and all legendaries you get really nothing for your time and trouble since legendaries only give you another mark and not a fated one at that.
    Canniphage gives you nothing for the failure and some have justified this by saying since he's a familiar of Ienos and found only there that's its OK. That in a sense he's a free-bee anyways and getting him is a bonus. :'(

it's sad that you can do everything right, push all the right buttons when they light up and still it goes red and you fail. For them to say it's working as intended just makes most angry and frustrated, me included and this i guess is the message they want us to get...

IDK You would think they'd want more people playing their game not have them leave in mass and telling others that ask about RoI just how messed up the game mechanics really are though the idea was great. Maybe they truly don't get how angry this makes us their customers and how it eventually leaves us all with a soar taste that nothing drives away.

I keep hoping eventually someone high up realizes this failure and fixes it before this game truly dies and nothing the powers that be do now other than fixing this, changing this will make it right by their paying customers.
    Goldenbloom
  • GoldenbloomGoldenbloom
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 640
    edited August 25, 2017
    hey daeni how do u get fated mark tho?
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    edited August 25, 2017
    hey daeni how do u get fated mark tho?

You get a fated mark from most heroic familiars if you fail them 10 times. (Achievements -> Familiars )
    daeni
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,310
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited August 25, 2017
    I get fated marks from Heroic boxes obtained through the adventures, and fishing as well.
    daeni
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    edited August 26, 2017
    right you can get that from boxes aswell. But from fishing.....i only got normal marks if i remember right. Adventures i forgot completely ;)
    But there are fated trital mark boxes as drop from the endboss in the breach.
  • CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 22,310
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited August 27, 2017
    @Runi

Yes I do sometimes go on a binge box opening extravaganza!!! :# on those fishing boxes (I have to many to be honest) and from time to time it drops a fated one ;)

Edit: Fated Heroic Mark boxes also are a price from the Spire. B)
  • CastanCastan
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 820
    edited September 10, 2017
    I had this happen to me when taming torkai. It's total bull.