[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

can't log in: "you can't use this item" & shutdown

NicoYazawaNicoYazawa
Riders of Icarus Rep: 440
edited September 9, 2017 in Tech Support
So I've had a couple issues logging back into my account, and I can't play the game at all.

First, I left the cloying wastes to do some taming in Tritael Rift. I was mounted when I used a transit shrine, and when I got here I got dismounted and could not jump, nor mount any of my familiars again.

I went back to character selection and reselected my trickster again, all was well, I was back onto Femuto's back and could fly.
That was until I switched channels, 850m above the lost roost to find my wild Kargyle Same, got dismounted and was levitating in the air. This time, I couldn't press any button. At all.

I shut down my computer since it wouldn't even let me close it to reboot, and when I went to character selection and took my trickster, a "you cannot use this item" message appears IN THE MENU, which instantly shuts down the game. And it has now become impossible to log in.

I uninstalled both the game AND the launcher to reinstall them, but nothing changes. Still can't play whatsoever.

So if anyone could help me out, I'd be glad to play my favorite game again... Thank you for your time.

-NiconiiiYazawa. Nexon account : Nozomi
ZuNamiK1R1

Comments

• RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    edited September 10, 2017
    alot of ppl having this sort of "disconnection" issues since 1-2 days.
    Most of the time a complete close of the game (with the launcher and all, myself just kills every nexon client, launcher.exe and so in the taskmanager), loggin back in on another character and then go to character screen and choose your char you got disconnected. For me this helped me everytime getting back in.
  • YarisahYarisah
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
    Kann mich auch nicht mehr einloggen mit der Schwindlerin,wer schön wenn man das schnell beheben könnte,10.09.2017 12 Uhr vorher blieb ich immer hängen beim Porten Trietal-Kluf von 2 auf 3 Linie.Andere Charactere funktionieren
  • DesintegrationDesintegration
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 320
    Hi,
    I reported this problem here.
    I hope they will bring a patch soon.

http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/22192/offline-tame-glitch
  • ZuNamiZuNami
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,195
    Same problem with my Main Char now on Koroshimo, clap hands!
    u can`t use this item, on login.
    was porting from forbidden shrine to el canin island, server error,
    continously disconnections
    perfect for the weekend thx NEXON.
  • EnricoSanGameEnricoSanGame
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,200
    Same problem with one of mine Char now on Koroshimo!
    I tamed a Trinoceros mounted on him i used the portable transit shrine to Tritael Rift...there i got stuck.
    i could use the suggestion made here (happen 3 times) where it work: close everything log on an other char then on the stuck one.
    That WAS a workaround but now.....

It doesn't help anymore. Restarting the pc didn't work... Repairing didn't work each time I log on with an other first then the stucked one.
    Need help here ASAP pls....
  • SaraTanksSaraTanks
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 200
    :s same here
  • DesintegrationDesintegration
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 320
    635741Capture.png

Now the bug gives me the access to change the text.
    Azymion
  • EnricoSanGameEnricoSanGame
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,200
    LOL after 8 hours i was able to log in needed to change channel in the Tritael Rift...and YES I got stuck AGAIN.

• RudiRudi
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,025
    This is happened everytime after switching channel.
    First in game i switched channel = switched but can't see mine character, and im stucked. So disconnection. After this "you can't use this item" in login screen. It occur not only once but can be 1-5x or even more in row. Everytime i need to close due to taskmanager.

Very very annoying.
    So changing channel = you can stucked sometimes
    Change channel in Akrait to ch1 = stucked, for me always
    on login can't use some item = stucked often

nice update as always
  • kilkennykilkenny
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 820
    bonsoir
    nous sommes tout plein de ma guilde et alliance ( koroshimo) a avoir ce problème :( il faut surtout éviter de tp ch1 !!! :( nous ne comptons même plus les réparations via les paramètres du launcher help cela est urgeant
  • Lepa93Lepa93
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 735
    edited September 13, 2017
    Having the same issue on Mereneth (Koroshimo). Went to abandoned watch tower cause we were gonna run EB L3 with guild, but now it wont let me back in on Mereneth, keep repeating the whole "You cannot use this item" thing and then getting stuck in "connecting..."
    Also after traveling to a new area, used to be Tritael, now seems to be Akrat, the game would disconnect me. I could get back in before, this time I can't.
    Nexon please fix this asap

UPDATE:
    After waiting a day, I was able to log back in (12.9) The "You cannot use this item" no longer showed up. The game was still buggy however.
    Yesterday I noticed the same thing that Tiornoch noticed, I cannot change to ch3 in Tritael Rift. I get stuck in the air in a sitting pose and i have to force quit the game to continue. Thankfully the game started me up at ch2 each time. Yesterday I also randomly disconnected during ToS L1 before the first boss. The game simply stopped responding all together and I was forced to force quit it and restart the game.
    Today just now, I headed over to Shady Warrens and after opening the first chest, the game disconnected me due to a Database error. When I attempted to log back in, the game gave me the same "You cannot use this item" message as before. I am, however, able to log on to my other character Aelinuin (also in Koroshimo).

Update #2
    After waiting around 20 minutes I was able to log back in on Mereneth. I lost my chance at going to the warrens today (Dungeons screen shows cd and "entries 0/1), yet got no items from it and even the daily quest reset itself.

Update #3
    I attempted to travel to Tritael to do the lv40 emblem daily quest and the game refused to relocate me. I got stuck next to the opening of Shady Warrens and could not move or interact with anything. I could not exit the game through traditional methods either and had to force quit it again. The next time I opened the game, I got the same "You cannot use this item" bug again.

These constant bugs and disconnects are really putting a damper on the game experience. Other guildies (Fury and Exorcism) have noticed similar issues and when we run dungeons, we all frequently run into disconnects and game freezes. At least once a run, someone will disconnect either during the dungeon, or right before entering the dungeon. It seems to be a Koroshimo issue, since i have not heard anyone mention being from a server other than Koroshimo in these forums so far. This all started after the most recent update last Thursday.
    Please address this issue as soon as possible, this is really taking the enjoyment out of this game.
  • TiornochTiornoch
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 415
    edited September 12, 2017
    yup i had just while ago same in rift, was in ch2 and wanted to go ch3 but surprise i was in the air in sitting pose and couldnt do anything but press settings to open :/
    restarted net and launcher twice and still same and after 2nd restart was kicked out from connection in char selection screen, grhh making me mad to look at this stupid bug here, bug there

(in koroshimo server)
  • K1R1K1R1
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 520
    This problem is not going away and I have not seen anyone actually address it from Admin. Just now I tried another character and was fine in Wasteland until I tried to go to the Platform. I tried to change channel and now I am stuck on loading screen. I have tried several of my characters and none of them are working properly.
  • RuniRuni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,925
    http://forums.icarus.nexon.net/discussion/22206/whos-getting-locked-out-of-toon-after-vic-plaza#Comment_68914

cuddles addressed it. And its not just in victory plaza, for koroshimo server it looks like akrat and tritael rift have this bug more often then other regions but i even got it once in parna. So it can happen everywhere i think.
    AND there are ppl already helped with infos in some threads on how you can "fast" fix it.
    Here i will write the tips again:

-> for me 99% of the DCs i had because of this "bug" i got solved in under 5 minutes with this method:
    First close everything which has the name nexon in it and the launcher.exe through the taskmanager!
    Then start the nexon launcher and riders of icarus again
    BUT login on an alt!
    After the alt logged in go back to character screen. Dont use the "exit now" button, just wait.
    And then try on your main.
    Only once i wasnt able to get in with this method and i think i restarted the game like 20 times in the last 3-4 days this way.
    But i dunno if you have to close steam if you play icarus through steam. i think you have to try it out ;-)

-> Some said, repairing the install helped them.
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,165
    edited September 14, 2017
    Thank you all for reporting this!
  • K1R1K1R1
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 520
    edited September 19, 2017
    PuffyHuff wrote: »
    Thank you all for reporting this!

I have sent in support ticket and responded. NOTHING IS WORKING. Now none of my characters have logged in and I did all that was told to do by tech support. YOU CANNOT USE THIS ITEM!

• ScarebearScarebear
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 880
    Same here..... "you cannot use this item"
  • HooHahHooHah
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 210
    I am having the same problem 'you cannot use this item' when I try to log in my lvl 35 char. I can log in a different character. I do not want to play the different character. Would you please fix this. I have been a premium player since I started and I am happy to support the game. I would appreciate it if the game would support me. I understand that this issue is known. I have tried to log in for over an hour now and am giving up.
  • PuppyPawsPuppyPaws
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 795
    Any idea when this issue is going to be fixed??? I have been getting the "can't use this item" message for 3 days now only on my main account (IGN:PuppyPaws Server:Baellas). I have 2 other characters on the same server and one on another server that has no problem. When I tried to log in just now on my main I got the "can't use this item" message followed by "You have been disconnected from the server" and the game goes black. I'm kind of upset.. I am not getting my daily rewards because I want them to be used on my main... kinda hope I can still get them when this issue is fixed. ..
  • daenidaeni
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,925
    Ditto would be nice to know if they have a ballpark on when they can fix it.
    @PuppyPaws if you can log in on another char just do it but don't collect the daily event at least, save it for the character hoping they'll fix it before the end of the month.
    I'm doing that because i can't log onto the one i need it on as well. Elluns now that's another issue. missing out what i can get on the character i need those on as well.
    PuppyPaws