[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Disconnects, Information, and Compensation

Comments

• AstarriaAstarria
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 710
    edited September 26, 2017
    PuffyHuff wrote: »
    @everyone For those of you this might be too little too late, but if 1 of your characters gets the 'stuck' bug, please be advised that you should avoid logging in with other characters because they, too, might suffer from the same bug.

On a slightly better note, we're working on a hotfix for the disconnections and error messages users have been getting when moving/transferring to different regions and logging out. I will return with an official post/more information in a few hours.

Yea, its really a little late....
    And what do you suggest instead? Not play the game at all? ^^
    And after your second try to fix the issue we will just get all our daily rewards?
    Ellun rewards?
    Premium days?
    -_-

I so hope that you are really working on it... :(
  • SharaskaSharaska
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 445
    I cant log with my account. So, thank you I really appreciate trying to resolve this problems

Character: Heria
    Server: Velzeroth
    I cant log at 01:29 aprox

Error messages: "Fail you obtain confirmation" and "You have been disconnect from the server"
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,165
    Sharaska wrote: »
    I cant log with my account. So, thank you I really appreciate trying to resolve this problems

Character: Heria
    Server: Velzeroth
    I cant log at 01:29 aprox

Error messages: "Fail you obtain confirmation" and "You have been disconnect from the server"

Thank you for reporting this, we're looking into it now.
  • zzFENRIRzzzzFENRIRzz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,230
    edited September 27, 2017
    Date of Occurrence: 28/09/2017 (24:30)
    Server: Baellas
    Character Name: zzFENRIRzz
    Level: 60
    Where did the player get stuck (last known location): Hakain Crossing to Hakanas Island (Broken Caldera)

I was playing fine I just wanted to go to Broken Caldera for fishing, i was fishing in the island (Titan Platform) the time just expired and i used my rodesh mount, i used the ticket (premium) and selected broken caldera and when my character arrived there my mount was invisible and all the skill blocked in my menu.

I have been trying (10 times) and nothing the screen just is in stand by on "Initializing charanter" The message "You can't use this item" doesn´t appear I mean i dont have any other message just the screen is on stand by when the Initializing character text is there...
  • LocStylzLocStylz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 860
    Date of Occurrence: 09/27/2017
    Character Name: Camusa
    Level: 46
    Where did the player get stuck (last known location): Broken Caldera

Game was playing fine I just wanted to go to Broken Caldera for fishing, i was fishing in the water and it never let my character DC. Friends in Discord are telling me I'm still logged in.
  • zzFENRIRzzzzFENRIRzz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,230
    zzFENRIRzz wrote: »
    I have been trying (10 times) and nothing the screen just is in stand by on "Initializing charanter" The message "You can't use this item" doesn´t appear I mean i dont have any other message just the screen is on stand by when the Initializing character text is there...
    After try 10 times, i closed all and around an hour later i tried again and i got the message "Your account is already in use" a few seconds later the message has dissapeared then the game let me choose server and character.

And one more time... nothing the screen just is in stand by on "Initializing charanter" and never changed... i just forced the exit to the game...
  • DragnyxDragnyx
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
    edited September 28, 2017
    Date of Occurrence: 28/09/2017 both were last played on 28th. Also just checked another character last played 24/09/2017 (Jesteria)
    Character Name: Marari and Tholia, Jesteria
    Level: 18, 60, 19
    Where did the player get stuck (last known location):Kellwoods, Kellwoods as well, Cerleon Manor

All are stuck on Initializing Character
  • WoolfDragonWoolfDragon
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 390
    Date of Occurance: 09/28/2017
    Server: Koroshimo
    Charakter Name: WolfDragon
    Where did the player get stuck (last known location): Login Screen (Inizialising Charakter)/Cloying Wastes

My main stuck at inizialising Charakter
  • Oceane1982Oceane1982
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 800
    Date of Occurance: 28/09/2017
    Charakter Name: Oceane1982

same prob for me, i can't come back in the game, initializing character always :(
  • DrakeVireoDrakeVireo
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 300
    Date of Occurance: 09/28/2017
    Charakter Name: RagnarVireo

Stuck at Initializing Character, cant log in the game.
  • ClearBlueSkyClearBlueSky
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,875
    I posted this in the other thread in General DIscussion forum, but wanted to also warn people here due to the severity of this bug :

@PuffyHuff I have already PM'd you with the ticket info so you can confirm this :

I would also advise NOT sending in a ticket to get your chars unstuck at this time. There is another bug that is infinitely worst that will MAKE ALL YOUR CHARS DISAPPEAR. On Monday I created a ticket as advised on the forums regarding the stuck character problem. That evening. they responded that they had moved my char to a safe spot and to try again. When I tried, I found that ALL MY CHARS had disappeared!

I wrote back and they advised me to wait for the unscheduled maintenance to see if it fixes my problem. After maintenance, I still had the problem and replied back that my chars are still missing. I asked if they could log into my account to see what's happening and they replied they couldn't due to privacy issues. They then closed my ticket and declared it solved!

I NOW HAVE NO CHARS ON MY ACCOUNT! I have since opened up a follow up ticket and they say they're looking into it but will take time.
  • AzymionAzymion
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,975
    I posted this in the other thread in General DIscussion forum, but wanted to also warn people here due to the severity of this bug :

@PuffyHuff I have already PM'd you with the ticket info so you can confirm this :

I would also advise NOT sending in a ticket to get your chars unstuck at this time. There is another bug that is infinitely worst that will MAKE ALL YOUR CHARS DISAPPEAR. On Monday I created a ticket as advised on the forums regarding the stuck character problem. That evening. they responded that they had moved my char to a safe spot and to try again. When I tried, I found that ALL MY CHARS had disappeared!

I wrote back and they advised me to wait for the unscheduled maintenance to see if it fixes my problem. After maintenance, I still had the problem and replied back that my chars are still missing. I asked if they could log into my account to see what's happening and they replied they couldn't due to privacy issues. They then closed my ticket and declared it solved!

I NOW HAVE NO CHARS ON MY ACCOUNT! I have since opened up a follow up ticket and they say they're looking into it but will take time.

Are you sure? They moved my chars several times without question and it hasn't happened to me. They only asked for a DxDiag report and any info on what happened before. The only thing that could have caused your chars to go missing it a data leak, wrong steam (if you use it) or maybe yea just a bug but you'll have to submit a new ticket since its a new problem. and if you haven't try installing the game again, not sure if that'll help. and by gone you mean it'll says create new Char upon logging in? a very vague description of just saying their gone.
    Azymion wrote: »

Are you sure? They moved my chars several times without question and it hasn't happened to me. They only asked for a DxDiag report and any info on what happened before. The only thing that could have caused your chars to go missing it a data leak, wrong steam (if you use it) or maybe yea just a bug but you'll have to submit a new ticket since its a new problem. and if you haven't try installing the game again, not sure if that'll help. and by gone you mean it'll says create new Char upon logging in? a very vague description of just saying their gone.

Yes, I'm sure. It's a bug and bugs don't happen to everyone. Some are rarer than others. It's like people getting stuck after the maintenance. Some people are no longer having problems while others are still having problems. I have tickets to prove it and have already PM'd PuffyHuff with them. I'm not crazy to go making some thing like this up!

Bugs don't happen to everyone, but if this bug happens to you, you're screwed.

As for the rest of your post, I have tried logging on other people's computers and the same thing happens with this account. I also have another account that has no problem and It is only with this account where I have the problem.

The problem is that you can see you have characters on the server, but when you select the server you get nothing, just a blank page. I was vague because I didn't want to write up a big description since this is not tech support. I just wanted to warn people that there is a bug where you can lose access to all your characters.
  • HoneychyldHoneychyld
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,565
    @ClearBlueSky Same thing happened with me as did Azymion. They moved my character, and I haven't had a problem since. Also, I know this sounds a bit silly, but double check you're logging into the right server. I made that mistake, and thought all my characters were gone. If that's not the case. then I really hope it gets fixed for you soon.
    Honeychyld wrote: »
    @ClearBlueSky Same thing happened with me as did Azymion. They moved my character, and I haven't had a problem since. Also, I know this sounds a bit silly, but double check you're logging into the right server. I made that mistake, and thought all my characters were gone. If that's not the case. then I really hope it gets fixed for you soon.

Please read my reply to Azymion.
  • HoneychyldHoneychyld
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 3,565

People here are just trying help. We're not tech support, and neither is Puffy. He can only relay information to the devs, and back to us when they give it to him. Even Customer Support has to talk to the techs before they can give you information.We know just as much as you do about what's going on. So instead of yelling at people and telling them they are wrong, how about being a little bit nicer. Saying "Thank you for trying to help" or something like that.

People here are just trying help. We're not tech support, and neither is Puffy. He can only relay information to the devs, and back to us when they give it to him. Even Customer Support has to talk to the techs before they can give you information.We know just as much as you do about what's going on. So instead of yelling at people and telling them they are wrong, how about being a little bit nicer. Saying "Thank you for trying to help" or something like that.

I don't understand your reply. I said nothing bad to either you, Azymion, or HuffyPuff. In your case, I simply asked you to read my reply to Azymion instead of typing it all over again. You posted while I was still editing my reply to Azymion, so I assumed you didn't see my full reply.
This discussion has been closed.