[ATTN NEW RIDERS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

August Summer Event!

IsongamingIsongaming
Riders of Icarus Rep: 735
Administrator
edited August 3 in Contests and Events
160708_social-web_en_eventbanners_4.jpg

August Summer Event!

2u904s6.png

Feel the heat of the summer! Check out the new summer event theme in Hakain's Crossing, Victory Plaza. Enjoy the heat while chilling on the beach.

summer.jpg?width=1205px&height=654px

beach.jpg?width=1205px&height=655px

swimming_girls.jpg?width=1206px&height=771px

Daily Login Rewards
Another new month of Daily login rewards! Enjoy all the treat we have given away.

fpav84.png

odbbk.png

Pet: Sparkle Kerav

kerav.jpg

- Max Level: 35
- Type: Aerial
- Comes with the following skills:
- Mythic Resilience:
- Can shrug off the environmental status effects of all regions.
- Flurry of Hearts
- Level 1: Increased PvP Attack Rate by 10.00%, Critical Rate by 3% and Move Speed by 10%
- Level 35: Increased PvP Attack Rate by 18.00%, Critical Rate by 3% and Move Speed by 10%
- Kerav's Daydream
- Decreased PvP Defense by 8.00% for 10 sec.

r9mnio.png

Mount: Dredum

dedrum.jpg

- Max Level: 55
- Can be Sealed and turn into a pet
- Type: Ground
- Mythic Resilience:
- Can shrug off the environmental status effects of all regions.
- Horned Lizard's Constitution
- Level 1: Increased Health by 24.00% and Overall Defense by 18%
- Level 55: Increased Health by 40.00% and Overall Defense by 30%
- Jungle Sanctuary:
- Increased Move Speed by 20% and Familiar EXP by 25%.
- Roar:
- Draws the attention of the enemy with a loud roar.
- Seal Stone Results at Level 55:
- Health +416
- All Attributes +25

4uazyx.png

Special Login Rewards

Stay login for 7 days to get this Special login rewards! We also have a special mount for you to ride on.

ix8fft.png

Mount: Watermelon Banana Boat

watermelon-banana-boat.jpg

- Max Level: 60
- Can't be Sealed and can't turn into a pet
- Type: Aerial
- Legendary Aura:
- Provides resistance against all regional climate effects.
- Refreshing Summer Blast
- Increased Overall Attack by 25%, Health by 20.00%, Overall Defense by 15% and Movement Speed by 30%
- Cowabunga
- Increased Movement Speed by 35% for 30 sec

Hot Time Event
Stay login during this hours 19:00 UTC to 23:00 UTC to receive a Watermelon Slice x100 as a reward from August 1 to August 14. Once login, you will be able to receive the rewards automatically after a minute.

watermelon-slice.jpg

NPC Haley
Summer Event will not be fun without our new NPC Haley who will be our guide to secure more rewards along the way.

NPC Haley (Summer Event)

hailey_npc_quest_giver.jpg

NPC Haley will give you quests to have more rewards along the way. Also, NPC Haley is a Merchant that will give you rewards if you have the right exchange item.

haley_merchant_shop.jpg

Tamago Sushi Stats

tamago.jpg

Franken Dog Stats

dog.jpg

Summer Banquet Buff

banquet_buff.jpg?width=200px&height=208px

This is a 2 hours Buff

- Increased Overall Attack 20%
- Increased Overall Defense 20%
- Increased All Attributes 30
- Increased Overall Critical Damage 1000

Summer Festival: Server Buff

- Character EXP + 100%
- Fishing success +10%
- Taming Point -10%
- Movement Speed +5%

Quest:

- Summer Banquet
- You will need to have the Summer Hakain's Dinner to complete the quest and get the reward Frozen Carrot Dynamite.
- Objective:
- Find Summer Hakain's Dinner
- Rewards:
- Frozen Carrot Dynamite
- This item is used to dealt damage to Watermelon Hat Rabbini.
- It has a 2 sec cooldown.
- You can't use any skill to dealt damage to the Watermelon Hat Rabbini.

frozen_carrot.jpg

Watermelon Rabbini

watermelon-rabbini.jpg

Watermelon Rabbini

- Event monster that you can find outside of the outer wall of Hakain's Crossing.
Location of Watermelon Rabbini
- Event monster mobs are lurking around.

watermelon_rabbini_location.jpg?width=392px&height=475px

- Event monster cannot be killed by a normal attack or using of skill. Only Frozen Carrot Dynamite can kill the said monster.
- Spawn time of the Watermelon Rabbini
- Round 1: 03:00 - 4:59 UTC
- Round 2: 11:00 - 12:59 UTC
- Round 3: 19:00 - 20:59 UTC
- Watermelon Rabbini drops a watermelon slice that you can use to exchange for more rewards to NPC Haley.

Daily Quest:

Hakain's Crossing Repairs

- Objective:
- Obtain Copper 0/5
- Rewards:
- Watermelon Slice 5x

Ingredients for the Summer Banquet

- Objective:
- Obtain Poron Mushroom 0/5
- Rewards:
- Watermelon Slice 5x

Watermelon Delivery

- Objective:
- Deliver Cool Watermelon
- Reward:
- Watermelon Slice 10x
- Talk to Rabbini Popeye that is located to Morineh lake to get the Cool Watermelon

rabbini_poppeye.jpg?width=319px&height=370px

rabbini_poppeye_location.jpg

Dungeon Quest:

Heatwave

- Objective:
- Defeat Emberstone Golem (Lavalight Cave; Elite Difficulty)
- Reward:
- Watermelon Slice 15x

A Terrifying Experience

- Objective:
- Defeat Carleon (Carleon Manor; Elite Difficulty)
- Reward:
- Watermelon Slice 15x

I Miss the Cold Weather

- Objective:
- Defeat Chief Sinthan (Ruins of Matren; Heroic Difficulty)
- Reward:
- Watermelon Slice x20

Enjoy the Summer event and the rewards that you can get for a month ~

Comments

• CreamCream
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 21,965
    Forum Moderator, Council Member
    edited August 3
    The start and end times for the event will be corrected soon Riders! Thank you for your support and have a nice day!
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 4,905
    edited August 3
    Nice, now we have somewhere we can discuss the event! :)

So, first up, please give us a way to collect Mount: Watermelon Banana Boat on each of our characters! That is just such a unique and fun looking mount it's going to be a little cruel having to try and decide which character to claim it on! ;)

Second, it's a Summer Event, yet there's no permanent swimwear costumes to be purchased! Nexon, once again you're missing a real opportunity here. I have to wonder about the people at Nexon making the marketing decisions, they seem to be constantly missing great opportunities for increasing sales! I guess it's probably too late for this year but maybe next year?
  • zzFENRIRzzzzFENRIRzz
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,160
    edited August 3
    plz one more day for awakened torkai package !!! for a personal reason i was off yesterday and today i wanted buy that package....but is not there anymore...
  • CreamCream
    edited August 3
  • zzFENRIRzzzzFENRIRzz
    edited August 3
    @Cream
    Thx =)
    Cream
  • CreamCream
    edited August 3
    @GrizzlyUK

You asked I deliver! http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/34288 At least was in my range (haha).
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 4
    @Cream

Well I'm surprised because I really wasn't expecting that to happen at all, let alone so quickly! :) I reckon you deserve a big thanks for that one! ;)
  • CreamCream
    edited August 4
    <3 To the GM's!!! And happy to bring some sort of satisfaction to the community! Thank you for your support and happy hunting!
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 5
    Figured it might be a good idea to give everyone a heads-up that the Hot Time Event appears to be ending an hour earlier than the announced "Stay login during this hours 19:00 UTC to 23:00 UTC to receive a Watermelon Slice x100 as a reward from August 1 to August 14" as I have now logged in on two seperate evenings shortly after 22:00 UTC to receive no reward! :(
  • zzFENRIRzzzzFENRIRzz
    edited August 5
    GrizzlyUK wrote: »
    Figured it might be a good idea to give everyone a heads-up that the Hot Time Event appears to be ending an hour earlier than the announced "Stay login during this hours 19:00 UTC to 23:00 UTC to receive a Watermelon Slice x100 as a reward from August 1 to August 14" as I have now logged in on two seperate evenings shortly after 22:00 UTC to receive no reward! :(

Same for me... no rewards with any char.... since August 2....nothing...
  • PhoebeePhoebee
    Riders of Icarus Rep: 1,120
    Member, Administrator
    edited August 5
    zzFENRIRzz wrote: »

Do you guys still experience the same issue?
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 5
    Phoebee wrote: »

First time it happened to one of my characters was on August 2nd, 2018. I have 7 characters so I was in the process of logging each character in-game. I did the exact same routine with each character: I logged in-game, claimed the Watermelon Slice x100 from Ellora's Storage and then completed the Daily Crafting Achievement followed by completing 4 of the available quests from NPC Haley (Summer Banquet; Hakain's Crossing Repairs; Ingredients for the Summer Banquet and Watermelon Delivery). I did that with 6 characters with no problems, but when I logged my 7th character in-game Ellora's Storage was empty, NO Watermelon Slice x100 so I checked the in-game and it was showing 22:22 UTC.

It then happened again on August 4th, 2018. Knowing that there appeared to be a problem with the daily event ending an hour earlier than announced I was logging each of my characters in-game to claim the Watermelon Slice x100 from Ellora's Storage on each character. Unfortunately just before I logged out on my 5th character I was distracted with real life events for a short time, so by the time I returned to log my 6th character in-game it was 22:14 UTC and Ellora's Storage was empty, NO Watermelon Slice x100! Obviously when I logged my 7th character in-game after that the Ellora's Storage was empty, NO Watermelon Slice x100.

I did create a thread in the Bug Reporting forum: [BUG] Hot Time Event and @Cream suggested that "those Riders that did not receive their x100 slices to please submit a ticket to support" so I also submitted a support ticket.

So as to avoid this happening again I have been trying to get all 7 of my characters logged in-game to claim the the Watermelon Slice x100 from Ellora's Storage before 22:00 UTC, even though the announced time-frame is supposed to be 19:00 UTC to 23:00 UTC. It occured to me last night that maybe the event is actually starting an hour earlier as well as ending an hour earlier but I haven't had chance to test that out yet.
    CreamPhoebee
  • PhoebeePhoebee
    Member, Administrator
    edited August 5

First time it happened to one of my characters was on August 2nd, 2018. I have 7 characters so I was in the process of logging each character in-game. I did the exact same routine with each character: I logged in-game, claimed the Watermelon Slice x100 from Ellora's Storage and then completed the Daily Crafting Achievement followed by completing 4 of the available quests from NPC Haley (Summer Banquet; Hakain's Crossing Repairs; Ingredients for the Summer Banquet and Watermelon Delivery). I did that with 6 characters with no problems, but when I logged my 7th character in-game Ellora's Storage was empty, NO Watermelon Slice x100 so I checked the in-game and it was showing 22:22 UTC.

It then happened again on August 4th, 2018. Knowing that there appeared to be a problem with the daily event ending an hour earlier than announced I was logging each of my characters in-game to claim the Watermelon Slice x100 from Ellora's Storage on each character. Unfortunately just before I logged out on my 5th character I was distracted with real life events for a short time, so by the time I returned to log my 6th character in-game it was 22:14 UTC and Ellora's Storage was empty, NO Watermelon Slice x100! Obviously when I logged my 7th character in-game after that the Ellora's Storage was empty, NO Watermelon Slice x100.

I did create a thread in the Bug Reporting forum: [BUG] Hot Time Event and @Cream suggested that "those Riders that did not receive their x100 slices to please submit a ticket to support" so I also submitted a support ticket.

So as to avoid this happening again I have been trying to get all 7 of my characters logged in-game to claim the the Watermelon Slice x100 from Ellora's Storage before 22:00 UTC, even though the announced time-frame is supposed to be 19:00 UTC to 23:00 UTC. It occured to me last night that maybe the event is actually starting an hour earlier as well as ending an hour earlier but I haven't had chance to test that out yet.

Thank you for explaining the issue in detailed. We will also test this out for you and for the other riders that can't claim their watermelon slices x100. Also, I would like to ask, since you have mentioned that you have logged in all of your 6 characters. Are they in the same servers like

2 in Baellas
    2 in teleo
    2 in raken

Or are they distributed to all servers like

1 in baellas
    1 in teleo
    1 in raken
    1 in koroshimo and so on?

Will be great if you can clarify this one.
    GrizzlyUK
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 6
    @Phoebee
    All 7 of my characters are on the same server: EU-Velzeroth
  • zzFENRIRzzzzFENRIRzz
    edited August 6
    All my chars (3) are on Baellas even i was online 36hrs aprox and nothing honestly... is the first even after 2 years and months playing the game that i dont want to continue playing.... you need 3000 watermelons for a 30 days item... its crazy... when you just can get 70 per day and the daily/login reward (100) has bugs... better try to fix the awakened torkai package.... that package has all my attention... =)

Is just my personal view point but this event has to be repeatable and not daily... that way we can get more watermelons...
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 6
    @zzFENRIRzz
    I seem to recall seeing previous posts/comments that sometimes staying logged in-game for long periods of time can actually cause some issues, especially with rewards that are distributed via Ellora's Storage. I think that's why Nexon tells us to fully log out of the game when they run special log-in events.
  • zzFENRIRzzzzFENRIRzz
    edited August 7
    @zzFENRIRzz
    I seem to recall seeing previous posts/comments that sometimes staying logged in-game for long periods of time can actually cause some issues, especially with rewards that are distributed via Ellora's Storage. I think that's why Nexon tells us to fully log out of the game when they run special log-in events.

I was online exactly when you have to had to be online... and i said that i even were around 36hrs connected so is the first time that i have this issue.... the last event or last 2 events when they gave us an item every hour i was online in arrow and i got ALL the items with ALL my chars...
  • CreamCream
    edited August 7
    I will follow up with the GM's as ASAP to have them check or update me with any information available if possible, Riders!
  • PhoebeePhoebee
    Member, Administrator
    edited August 7
    All my chars (3) are on Baellas even i was online 36hrs aprox and nothing honestly... is the first even after 2 years and months playing the game that i dont want to continue playing.... you need 3000 watermelons for a 30 days item... its crazy... when you just can get 70 per day and the daily/login reward (100) has bugs... better try to fix the awakened torkai package.... that package has all my attention... =)

Is just my personal view point but this event has to be repeatable and not daily... that way we can get more watermelons...

Awakened Torkai was confirmed to be up for the next Maintenance if and only if the issue with the package will get resolved immediately :)

As for the watermelon slices, we have repeatedly tested it in the game and it gives us the same result. NO ISSUE. still, we are not giving up searching for the cause of the players that are not getting the watermelon slice when they logged in. Also, the login event for watermelon slice will end till August 14. Web post will be updated soon.
  • GrizzlyUKGrizzlyUK
    edited August 8
    As for the watermelon slices, we have repeatedly tested it in the game and it gives us the same result. NO ISSUE. still, we are not giving up searching for the cause of the players that are not getting the watermelon slice when they logged in. Also, the login event for watermelon slice will end till August 14. Web post will be updated soon.
    At what times are you testing? For each of my three characters who have missed out on the Watermelon Slicex100 I logged each of them in-game after 22:00 UTC but BEFORE 23:00 UTC, despite the announced "Stay login during this hours 19:00 UTC to 23:00 UTC to receive a Watermelon Slice x100 as a reward from August 1 to August 14". So I now have one character who has missed out on the reward once and another character who has now missed out on the reward twice! Each of my other characters who logged in-game before 22:00 UTC each received the reward.

Is there any other information that we could provide that might be helpfull?
This discussion has been closed.